Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed Ex suks

Fed Ex suks

I ordered a new receiver for my home sound system. It was shipped by Fed Ex, and I received notice that my package was "out for delivery" this past Saturday. My office is closed on Saturday, but I went to my office and awaited my delivery. After 3 hours, and still at my office, I received a text that read "delivery exception" and explained that either the business was closed or no one was there to receive the shipment. I called Fed Ex and was told that since the business was not ordinarily open on Saturdays, they assumed that they could not deliver the package. WTF??? They drove it 50 miles to my town anyway?

So, then I asked why the next delivery date was scheduled for Tuesday instead of Monday. I was told Fed Ex didn't make "home deliveries" on Mondays (again WTF? It's a business address). So, this Monday evening at 7:00 pm, I get another text that reads "delivery exception" which explains that my office was closed at 5:40pm on Monday. So now my package travels once again back to Indianapolis (50 miles) and they will try again tomorrow. I presume it will be around 5:50pm again, which is 50 minutes after we close our doors.

Fed Ex suks.

Use UPS. This is a public service announcement.
    Last edited by 11top; 12-16-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    Sh*tter's full

Fed Ex and UPS are merging. The new company will be called Fed Up!
    2007 Ibanez JEM7V, LTD EC-1000VB, LTD GUS-600 EC
    PRS SE Torero - Limited Edition Solid Black with White Binding
    2012 PRS 408 Standard Trem - Natural with Pattern Thin Rosewood Neck
    2012 PRS Signature Limited Trem - Charcoal Burst

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Downing View Post
    Fed Ex and UPS are merging. The new company will be called Fed Up!

No doubt.
    Plank Owner

After watching - personally - the UPS driver kick a server off the back of the truck in NJ, and then spend a year - with lawyers involved - getting insurance restitution, the answer is NO...use FedEx. When I confronted him, he said, and I quote, "it was inadequately packaged" (it was on a palate in Dell's original shipping materials). Then he advised me to take it up with the union.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Couriers suck. That's why they invented stores for us to shop in.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    After watching - personally - the UPS driver kick a server off the back of the truck in NJ, and then spend a year - with lawyers involved - getting insurance restitution, the answer is NO...use FedEx. When I confronted him, he said, and I quote, "it was inadequately packaged" (it was on a palate in Dell's original shipping materials). Then he advised me to take it up with the union.
    I shipped a combo amp UPS once... took it to the UPS store and had them package it, specifically in case something happened, so they couldn't claim "inadequate packaging". It was against my better judgement, I was fairly confident that they would do a s*** job of it, but it arrived safe and sound at the buyer's house. Had I packed it myself, surely the David Beckham of UPS would've been delivering that day, knowing my luck. I just hate the idea of shipping gear after all the horror stories I've heard. Melted pickup wax, broken guitars and amps... yikes.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post

He ate it?

Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    I shipped a combo amp UPS once... took it to the UPS store and had them package it, specifically in case something happened, so they couldn't claim "inadequate packaging".
    I never ship anything without taking photos of the packaging, especially of the INside of a guitar case. UPS tried to pull that inadequate packaging sh*t on me once, and then I asked if they had seen the photos. There was a moment of silence before they said "what pictures?" They even admitted to me that they are instructed to deny on the basis of inadequate packaging before they even examine the damaged package. They paid after I emailed them the photos.

At least UPS gets stuff to me.
    Sh*tter's full

I once bought something from a store in Kansas. I live in Northern Ireland so it was a few days before I got the first UPS "attempted delivery" notification. I put a note on my door instructing the driver to leave the package with my neighbour or in the recycling bin at the back of my house. Every day for a week I came home expecting to find either the parcel or another "attempted delivery" card. After a week or so I called the depot to find out what was going on. They told me that three attempts had been made to deliver the package, it had been declared "abandoned" and returned to the sender. "So instead of driving 25 miles down the road, you sent it back to Kansas. In the USA." I told the lady. There was a moment of silence at the other end of the line. She advised me to complain in writing. I did but got nothing more than the reassurance that the driver had been to my house three times.

I contacted the store and told them the story. The item had been restocked and sold. I got a refund but missed out on something I really wanted and had got for a great price. Now I go and pick everything up as soon as I get the first card through the door.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    They told me that three attempts had been made to deliver the package, it had been declared "abandoned" and returned to the sender. "
    Yep. Today's my third attempt. It's also the busiest delivery day of the year. Holding my breath.
    Sh*tter's full

The driver had only been to my house once. I know that for a fact. It's apparently a common story. The deal is the driver thinks that the person's never going to be in so doesn't "waste his time" going back, even though it's his job. He obviously believes the recipient will rearrange the delivery or go and pick it up at the depot, which is what I do now. Some "delivery" service!

Then there was the time I was waiting for my passport to arrive. It was urgent. I knew the delivery was scheduled for Saturday. I was awake early and was waiting for the doorbell. I heard the card hit the mat, ran downstairs and saw a van disappearing around the corner. I drove after it, caught it in traffic about two miles away and flagged him down with the card he'd left. He swore he knocked the door. Yeah right!

I hope you get it today.

Steve, did you order the system with the moon rock needle?
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    Steve, did you order the system with the moon rock needle?
    Are you kidding me? I hardly know what HDMI is. Actually, what is HDMI?

However, I'm pretty sure it's not made in the USA (), so maybe it does have "the moon rock needle."
    Last edited by 11top; 12-17-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    Sh*tter's full

My FedEx delivery man is a really nice, friendly guy. I had a delivery yesterday evening and he told me that they have a ton of temp drivers this time of year. Most, he said, won't put much effort in doing a good job.
    My driver's great. I live rurally. If I'm expecting a package that needs a signature, and I'm not going to be home, I'll leave a post-it note and he'll leave the package. There has been a couple times that he didn't leave a package because the box was damaged and he wanted me to look at it.

My UPS guy does a good job also, but I don't use them to ship.

UPS tried to screw me once, but I got a lawyer involved and got my money back. Luckily the lawyer was free through the college I was attending at the time.

I used to work for FedEx so I'm partial to them. However, that was before they bought RPS and turned it into FedEx Ground, which operates like an entirely different business.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I once rounded the corner onto my street just in time to see the UPS guy shot-put my package 30+ feet from his truck, over my front lawn and onto the porch. Pretty impressive, but as I explained to the customer service rep, I didn't think it was appropriate for him to be training for the Olympics while working. I also explained that the documents I was sending to international destinations on a daily basis at work were going to be traveling via FedEx from that point on.

The UPS hub in Mesquite Texas ( East Dallas ) has had exceptions on packages since Last Thursday...
    I know the weather was bad, but 4 days later and them not able to give me a delivery date is unacceptable. There are a ton of people waiting on HOLIDAY merchandise that are trapped in that facility!
    www.guitarmaverick.com
    www.facebook.com/guitarmaverick (LIKE US!)
    Call or Text my cell 512 422 2005

Quote Originally Posted by GTRMAV View Post
    The UPS hub in Mesquite Texas ( East Dallas ) has had exceptions on packages since Last Thursday...
    I know the weather was bad, but 4 days later and them not able to give me a delivery date is unacceptable. There are a ton of people waiting on HOLIDAY merchandise that are trapped in that facility!
    GTRMAV is not the first DFW person I know that is complaining about UPS. I've also heard USPS in DFW is still having some sort of snafu from the ice storm 2 weeks ago... people complaining their Xmas cards are 'stuck', packages 'stuck'. It sounds like a mess... but, packages have been arriving at our house (east of Dallas) all week, USPS & UPS...

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    Couriers suck. That's why they invented stores for us to shop in.

Ummm.... The stores receive their products via delivery trucks as well.

As with anything else, I think it all really boils down to the individual delivery person. I happen to have a really good driver on my route and she's been delivering to me for years. I know her so well that if I see her in passing in a store or something, we stop and say hello. She treats my deliveries with care. Then again, another driver may not. Fed Ex seems always far less personal and more rushed to me, though I have not had any issues with them either.