Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singlecut Preferences...................Discuss

Singlecut Preferences...................Discuss

I currently own a 20th Anniversary Singlecut, 25.0" scale. My question for you is what do you guys like in a singlecut from PRS and why. ie). SC245 with the 24.5" scale or an older singlecut with the 25" scale or a newer Stripped 58 with the Bridge and Tailpiece as opposed to a tailpiece only. Discuss.

One of each.

245 scale, wrapover. Scale for that vintage SC softer attack, wrapover for feel and simplicity.

I want a single cut with pattern thin neck and 408 pickups.
    Spittin' image of my 408 except it is a single cut.
    If they offered it in a 25" scale, I would order one.

My ideal singlecut would be 25" scale, McCarty thickness, two piece bridge, two DGT humbuckers, switch on the upper horn, one volume, one push/pull tone. Extra fat wide fat neck. Goldtop or blacktop.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Pretty happy with my SCT ( WF Rosewood ) the #6 pickup even work for me in this guitar also one of the best looking red guitars I have ever seen.
    A SC MEII would also be up my alley. I like the simple ( 1-Vol 1-Tone ) control layout.
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

24.5 with 2-piece. Best Singlecut I've ever played. Stripped 58, SC58 or SC245 versions, all great.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

The hollow ones!

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    One of each.
    Agreed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    245 scale, wrapover. Scale for that vintage SC softer attack, wrapover for feel and simplicity.
    I'm with you on the simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    24.5 with 2-piece. Best Singlecut I've ever played. Stripped 58, SC58 or SC245 versions, all great.
    You make me feel bad with this comment. LOL. There was a Stripped 58 on the Bay that was a buy it now of $1499 with free shipping. I really wanted to try it but I have too much gear for sale right now to justify it. Next time I'm pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    The hollow ones!
    I'd like to try the Neal Schon with the Non Floyd.

Agree with everything except the SC58...the binding looks funny to me.
    Too many and never enough...

I love the 25" scale singlecuts, they seem to have a optimal harmonic content to my ears. I do like the 24.5" scale too, seem to do the "L.P." thing better then a good old one. Ive played 3 dozen or so custom shop L.P. and 58 goldtop, a 60 burst and a 60 custom. They are amazing, but out if my reach. A Prs 24.5" scale gives me all the same kind of sounds plus more to my ears. The 25" scale is the most comfortable to me and gives me that sound I use to wish those 70's customs did, with the appropriate woods of course. For a more modern sound, 25" scale. For vintage sounds 24.5" scale. As far as bridges I'm torn, I like them all.

After many years I've gone full circle and am back to being an SC with 24.5" scale kind of guy. I blame the SC Ted's...such a GREAT guitar!!

I've played both and could go either way for a SC or DC. For metal I'd prefer the 25 all day but for everything else I'm open.
    Plank Owner

24.5 with 2-piece.
    I'm with Les.
    Sh*tter's full

My absolute favorite SC is a first year (2000), 25" scale, with #7's. It's one of the ones on which the stars aligned and fairies sprinkled magic dust.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I prefer my single cuts have two cutaways.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

My SC is all of my dream spec: 25" sc250, wraparound (fully intonatable bridge) with thin neck profile.

Monster guitar. I've not played the 2 piece bridges for comparison, but the original wrap on my Mira is just as good.

Still a nightmare to find a thin neck SC by PRS these days.
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

24.5" with two-piece bridge. PRS nailed the Stripper.

Hmmm, maybe that didn't come out right.
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

I have owned both scale length SC's, the 245 gets pretty tight in its spacing higher up on the neck. I had a hard time playing in high G or A.
    PRS believer.

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    My ideal singlecut would be 25" scale, McCarty thickness, two piece bridge, two DGT humbuckers, switch on the upper horn, one volume, one push/pull tone. Extra fat wide fat neck. Goldtop or blacktop.
    Me likey that!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!