Thread: Good forum setup

Good forum setup

This place is very member-friendly and it looks good. The control panel is damn near perfect. It's easy to move around, post, display and edit.

Congratulations to the admin and developers.
    2011 PRS Studio 10 Top
    2008 PRS SC245 5708 10 Top
    Two Warmoth/Fender Teles
    Martin 000C-15E
    Fender Mustang III

Re: Good forum setup

It's pretty intuitive which is nice, I am wondering if we need to see the page that tells us our posts are successful and why it can just go back tot eh thread we posted on with the updated post tho. Seems like an extra page for page sake...
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-d-1985
    It's pretty intuitive which is nice, I am wondering if we need to see the page that tells us our posts are successful and why it can just go back tot eh thread we posted on with the updated post tho. Seems like an extra page for page sake...
    Removing that feature would make room for spellcheck. :lol: :lol:
    2011 PRS Studio 10 Top
    Two Warmoth/Fender Teles
    Martin 000C-15E
    Fender Mustang III

Quote Originally Posted by mgman
    This place is very member-friendly and it looks good. The control panel is damn near perfect. It's easy to move around, post, display and edit.

Way kind of you to mention it! James (our Admin) really worked hard (and is still working - even today) to make it flow.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by mgman

Way kind of you to mention it! James (our Admin) really worked hard (and is still working - even today) to make it flow.
    And flow it does! Simplicity bordering on elegance.

We just started using MS Outlook at work, the Sys Admins made the interface as complicated as possible. The dashboard looks like the cockpit of a jet aircraft, every available tool and option is displayed :? :x
    2011 PRS Studio 10 Top
    Two Warmoth/Fender Teles
    Martin 000C-15E
    Fender Mustang III

I'm pretty sure the first few posts I made did go back to the thread.
    I noticed the successful and while I was saying hmmm... it advanced to the thread.

No more though.

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster
    I'm pretty sure the first few posts I made did go back to the thread.
    I noticed the successful and while I was saying hmmm... it advanced to the thread.

No more though.
    Of course, as soon as I said that...back to the originally observed behaviour.
    Apparently I failed the patience class.

I am wondering if we need to see the page that tells us our posts are successful and why it can just go back tot eh thread we posted on with the updated post tho.
    +1
    My thoughts exactly
    2007 Singlecut Satin Artist Pack Emerald Green
    2007 Tremonti SE Rhodesian Ridgeback (modded beyond the point of sanity)
    + some other gear

Quote Originally Posted by ArtG
    I am wondering if we need to see the page that tells us our posts are successful and why it can just go back tot eh thread we posted on with the updated post tho.
    +1
    My thoughts exactly
    Cuz change is good donkey???
    2001 PRS McRosie Violin Amber Sunburst Abalone birdies
    2008 PRS Mira Vintage Orange with old MOP birdies
    2009 PRS 305 Tri Colour Burst
    2009 PRS SE ONE autographed by Dweezil Zappa
    2011 PRS H combo amp

How does one get access to using BBCode for their signature ? Do you have to get to a certain number of posts first ?
    PRS 2006 Custom 24 20th Anniversary Grey-Black / PRS 2008 Custom 24 Violin Amber Sunburst Quilt
    Roland/Boss GT-100
    Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 and 1x12 cab

No. That pause is to give people a little time to reflect on what they just posted before it hits the page.

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    No. That pause is to give people a little time to reflect on what they just posted before it hits the page.

And regret the sloppy typo's yeah? :lol:
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab