Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD x 2

Doing something new is gonna be so good for you Gush, I aways learn something new whenever I play with a different set of players regardless of their playing levels... New is good.

Just throw those puppies into you car an go up I80, I'll get 'em in tune for you.

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    I usually leave the door open & the fan off ....................................
    What - there's another way?
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Doing something new is gonna be so good for you Gush, I aways learn something new whenever I play with a different set of players regardless of their playing levels... New is good.

Just throw those puppies into you car an go up I80, I'll get 'em in tune for you.

I agree, new is good. I'm kind of excited thinking about starting something new.

I am curious about something concerning keeping prs trems in tune. You have stated several times that you have very good luck keeping your prs trem in tune. Do you lube the nut at all or is there another trick you use to accomplish this?

A couple of others on here have made the same claims so i'm really wanting to know if I'm missing something/

Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I agree, new is good. I'm kind of excited thinking about starting something new.

I am curious about something concerning keeping prs trems in tune. You have stated several times that you have very good luck keeping your prs trem in tune. Do you lube the nut at all or is there another trick you use to accomplish this?

A couple of others on here have made the same claims so i'm really wanting to know if I'm missing something/
    The PRS nuts are supposed to be self-lubricating. Not sure if Nut Sauce (or something similar) would do anything to them. As long as the nuts are cut wide enough to handle the string gauge you're using, they shouldn't cause you an issue. But that's the first place to look - that and making sure your strings are stretched.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I love that black burst, it bursts right at me.

Good advice about the nut. Also ,next time you do a string change, get a pair of panty hose and brush them over the bridge and saddles. Could be some burrs on them. Haha ya you'll look super awesome buying some panty hose lol.

I remember reading somewhere about lubricating the bridge , could be on Prs's website.
    2013 PRS DGT..
    2012 Ibanez RG 870 premuim
    2014 Prs se Clint Lowrey
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

Very cool. I'm a fan of emerald especially.
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post

I just make sure everything is free from friction and binding, and always tune up to pitch (never down) and let it rip...

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I just make sure everything is free from friction and binding, and always tune up to pitch (never down) and let it rip...
    ?Is this ref the aforementioned toilet habits or what?

Those are 2 great looking guitars, but that's just plain greedy, awesome but greedy

I have forced myself to play only the CEs for the past 10 days. I thought that I might actually like the dragon Is in the CE22 better than the 5909s. But after playing the 5909s yesterday, no dice. 5909s are still my favorite period.

Dragon Is remind my of what I hear on old Bad Company records, nice overdriven and compressed tube tone. Very nice. The 2 and 4 positions don't seem to be very usable for how my rig is set up and I have confirmed that I don't care for the rotary pickup selector switch.

The CE24 has HFS/VB and push/pull taps on tone and vol pots, makes for very nice tones all around. I have never been in love with the HFS and may try an M pickup or possibly a 5909. This is my first go around with the VB pickup. I like it. The best way for me to describe the VB pickup is that it is really juicy???? If that makes any sense. The 5909 neck has some of that juicy quality as well.

I really thought the CEs would be brighter than they are compared to my mahog/set neck prss. It's all good though as this greedy bastid might take I-80 to chicago and let serg tune them for me!

Do it!!!