Thread: Did or Does Custom 24 come with Wide Fat (as an option)?

Did or Does Custom 24 come with Wide Fat (as an option)?

I'd love to find a Custom 24 with a W/F neck carve . . . .
    Starla (2010); Mira (2009); Performance Relic Strat w/ Ramos Neck; 1985 48th St Custom Shop Custom Tele; Martin 000-18; Peavey Classic 30.

Just Pattern and Pattern Thin I believe. You'd have to get an older one for Wide Fat.
    Plank Owner

I don't think I have ever seen a WF or Pattern on a CU24.
    Just Standard or Wide Thin or Pattern Regular and Pattern thin
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others Knaggs Kenai, LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

I may have to upgrade my CE24 and CU24 Artist to a CU24 with Pattern Regular ~~~ Too bad, we can't swap necks like pickups.
    Starla (2010); Mira (2009); Performance Relic Strat w/ Ramos Neck; 1985 48th St Custom Shop Custom Tele; Martin 000-18; Peavey Classic 30.

It's probably as rare if not more rare than a Custom 22 with wide thin. I'm sure it's been ordered before.

(My #1 CST22 modcat states its wide thin, but I feel it's much closer to a regular)

There are a few old ones out there. One offs I assume. I remember a stoptail custom 24 that was w/f for sale on the forums and eBay a couple of years ago.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, PS #4858 McCarty Singlecut, Floyd Custom 24
    Powered by Friedman

I got a custom 24 stoptail 1998 and the hang tag says wide fat. The wide fat carve wasn't offered as an option for the 24 then, but they did it. I also saw one other on eBay, and it was a stoptail also. I own a PS 24 with a pattern carve also, and to me it feels slightly chunkier near the headstock than the wide fat one. They are both awesome. I would see if your dealer could ask PRS to one off one with a pattern neck for you. PRS is getting pretty big, but they are still very cool, and may surprise you with a yes. Dude, get the artist package too!

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I'd love to find a Custom 24 with a W/F neck carve . . . .
    You can get it in Pattern Thin or Pattern Regular.
    The Pattern Regular is supposed to be the new version of the Wide Fat (as I understand it).
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Quote Originally Posted by CHARISMAFIRE View Post
    I got a custom 24 stoptail 1998 and the hang tag says wide fat. The wide fat carve wasn't offered as an option for the 24 then, but they did it. I also saw one other on eBay, and it was a stoptail also. I own a PS 24 with a pattern carve also, and to me it feels slightly chunkier near the headstock than the wide fat one. They are both awesome. I would see if your dealer could ask PRS to one off one with a pattern neck for you. PRS is getting pretty big, but they are still very cool, and may surprise you with a yes. Dude, get the artist package too!
    I may opt for a 2014 PE24 in Artist Package with a request for a W/F or Pattern (if Pattern is bigger than Pattern Regular) if I sell my Modern Eagle NOS ~~~

As far as I know, the only 24 fretters with WF were the Artist 1s. Here's my semihollow A1:

Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    As far as I know, the only 24 fretters with WF were the Artist 1s. Here's my semihollow A1:

Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    That's serious cool! Love it! A few CU24s that have W/F all seem to come with a hard tail. I NEED a tremolo! Am I asking too much?

My old Artist 1 came with a trem…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0054.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	252.0 KB 
ID:	1111
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    My old Artist 1 came with a trem…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0054.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	252.0 KB 
ID:	1111
    Wow, that's a beauty!!!