Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archon MADNESS is on FULL THROTTLE...

Archon MADNESS is on FULL THROTTLE...

They have arrived and We are shipping today! More to follow... Call or TEXT!!
    Wall of \m/ MADNESS!!
    www.guitarmaverick.com
    www.facebook.com/guitarmaverick (LIKE US!)
    Call or Text my cell 512 422 2005

Quote Originally Posted by GTRMAV View Post
    Wall of \m/ MADNESS!!
    That.
    Is.
    AWESOME.
    Plank Owner

I'm actually kinda amazed there's a couple floating around for sale yet.

Just arrived here, unfortunately it's been pretty cold the last few days so I have to just sit and look at her until she gets acclimated. Then unleash the beast.

Thanks JD for the awesome swag! A classy T-shirt and very nice strap.

Getting to know her new family. Tone reports to follow.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Just arrived here, unfortunately it's been pretty cold the last few days so I have to just sit and look at her until she gets acclimated. Then unleash the beast.

Thanks JD for the awesome swag! A classy T-shirt and very nice strap.

Getting to know her new family. Tone reports to follow.
    Wow. It's not much bigger than the 5150 III 50 watt. Sick.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Unleash that beast!
    That's what she said!

Anxious to hear more clips from that bad boy...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    I am also surpised it's rather a compact size which I love.
    I would love to hear your review, congrats!

Can't wait for the sounds of crushing heaviness in my house
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    Can't wait for the sounds of crushing heaviness in my house
    \m/ \m/
    Plank Owner

Our initial order of eight are now all SOLD. I have two on order from PRS but no confirmation of shipping date. If you would like me to hold one of those for you please advise.

Thanks JD
    www.guitarmaverick.com
    www.facebook.com/guitarmaverick (LIKE US!)
    Call or Text my cell 512 422 2005

Fastest selling PRS amp ever???
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Fastest selling PRS amp ever???
    So it seems.

Must have tone report!!! That's awesome!

When first plugging in I tried to be objective and ignore the pre-launch hype. But it was soon undeniable, it's only my humble opinion, but this amp is genuinely awesome. I'm currently putting together some clips but it's taking longer than expected because of the amp's versatility.

Some first impressions:
    -There is plenty of gain on tap. I have turned on the Green Rhino only a few times to get super hairy and mushy, but the amp screams enough by itself.(using 408/DGT/Tremonti)
    -There is a bright switch for each channel. I suspect this switch was turned off on the lead channel for the demo clips, hence the darker tone. Once I flipped that switch it really turned into a razor sharp cut-through-the-mix tone.
    -This joker is LOUD. I am only running it in 50w mode through a 2x12 Vertical Recto Cab and the masters are not past 9 o'clock.
    -Tone stack controls are pretty responsive, so it's been both fun and challenging finding a tone to settle on, I find myself wanting to try every variation.
    -Beautiful wood-inducing harmonics.

For the people concerned about 'bedroom' volumes. I think that will vary depending on what cab you're running it through and I guess how insulated your bedroom is or how deaf your family is. Like i mentioned, my masters aren't past 25%, but I'm close mic'ing and getting good tone so no need to crank. But if you're running a 4x12 I'm not sure the master at 9 o'clock would sound so good. I honestly have no idea. But the volume I have it at now is both comfortable for hours of playing AND giving me a super pleasing recording tone.

Hoping to have some clips soon.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Sounds great, looking forward to some clips.

Well, I have a Carvin 4x12, Carvin 2x12, and an Orange cab with a 1x12 Celestion Vintage 30.
    Any of those cabs though in my place will peel the paint off the wall if I turn up any of my head units I have.

408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    When first plugging in I tried to be objective and ignore the pre-launch hype. But it was soon undeniable, it's only my humble opinion, but this amp is genuinely awesome. I'm currently putting together some clips but it's taking longer than expected because of the amp's versatility.

Some first impressions:
    -There is plenty of gain on tap. I have turned on the Green Rhino only a few times to get super hairy and mushy, but the amp screams enough by itself.(using 408/DGT/Tremonti)
    -There is a bright switch for each channel. I suspect this switch was turned off on the lead channel for the demo clips, hence the darker tone. Once I flipped that switch it really turned into a razor sharp cut-through-the-mix tone.
    -This joker is LOUD. I am only running it in 50w mode through a 2x12 Vertical Recto Cab and the masters are not past 9 o'clock.
    -Tone stack controls are pretty responsive, so it's been both fun and challenging finding a tone to settle on, I find myself wanting to try every variation.
    -Beautiful wood-inducing harmonics.

For the people concerned about 'bedroom' volumes. I think that will vary depending on what cab you're running it through and I guess how insulated your bedroom is or how deaf your family is. Like i mentioned, my masters aren't past 25%, but I'm close mic'ing and getting good tone so no need to crank. But if you're running a 4x12 I'm not sure the master at 9 o'clock would sound so good. I honestly have no idea. But the volume I have it at now is both comfortable for hours of playing AND giving me a super pleasing recording tone.

Hoping to have some clips soon.
    Thank you for the tone report.
    How would you compare the Archon to the Mark IV?

Quote Originally Posted by GTRMAV View Post
    Wall of \m/ MADNESS!!

Thats it baby !

Quote Originally Posted by megaboogie View Post
    Thank you for the tone report.
    How would you compare the Archon to the Mark IV?
    So far it seems like there is a lot more clean headroom in the Archon, even at 50w. I love the Mark IV because of it's lead tone, I like to get that tight mid-focused buzz saw kind of tone that sort of sizzles but it's not fizzy. I can definitely dial that in with the Archon, along with usable low-end. On my Mark IV I've always had to be careful adding low-end because it just sounded like poop. The Archon gives me a little growl underneath the sizzle, and still retaining a lot of articulation. Rolling off the guitar volume works nicely too.

Sounds awesome!! Can't wait for more clips and to get me one later this spring!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs