Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

Let's pick 'em guys.

Chiefs over the Colts. Saints over Eagles. Pack over Niners. Bengals over Chargers.

Broncos beat the Pats to represent the AFC in in the Superbowl and the Seahawks beat Packers to represent the NFC. The Broncos beat the Seahawks in the SB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-nfl-playoffs-picture.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	1140

shawn, it all sounds good except for your final outcome
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Not much for predictions, but here's who I'm rooting for. I grew up near Boston and go back to the Babe Parilli, Jim Nance, & Gino Cappelletti days.

So far I'm one for two. Not bad odds if I were a weather man! The Colts had a remarkable comeback and the Chiefs had one of the worst meltdowns I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to todays games.

I like your picks Shawn! and being a Giants fan it was classic one and done for the eagles!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    I like your picks Shawn! and being a Giants fan it was classic one and done for the eagles!

LOL. I'd like to see the Saints go to the big game, but I think Seattle is the team to beat in the NFC.

Last edited by 11top; 01-05-2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Sh*tter's full

I have no horse in the race, but I think Peyton is a class act. Thus, I'm adopting the Broncos to win it all by beating the Seahawks in the big game. Since my brother is in Seattle and a Seahawks fan, it will make for an interesting bet.
    2013 LP R9 VOS
    2012 P22, IRW
    2013 SG Standard VOS
    Suhr PT 100 Amp, Forte 212 Cab
    Marshall Vintage Modern and SL5, Fishman Loudbox

Usually I would say this year Niners would take GB. I am a GB fan but being it is at GB it is freeking COLD there! Like below zero so 49`ers may freeze up!
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Let's pick 'em guys.

Chiefs over the Colts. Saints over Eagles. Pack over Niners. Bengals over Chargers.

Broncos beat the Pats to represent the AFC in in the Superbowl and the Seahawks beat Packers to represent the NFC. The Broncos beat the Seahawks in the SB.

Name:	2014-nfl-playoffs-picture.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	1140
    How's all the" SOOTHSAYING" working out for you,Shawn ?

Senior Member Todd_FindingMyWay's Avatar
    PATS still in it!! :-)
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobstrusive..

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    Usually I would say this year Niners would take GB. I am a GB fan but being it is at GB it is freeking COLD there! Like below zero so 49`ers may freeze up!
    I thought Rodgers experience would help the Packers win, but I have to hand it to Kaepernick, he's a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefade View Post
    How's all the" SOOTHSAYING" working out for you,Shawn ?
    Batting .500 so far

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I thought Rodgers experience would help the Packers win, but I have to hand it to Kaepernick, he's a baller.

Batting .500 so far
    That was a hard loss to take as a Packers fan, but honestly the Packers did not look that good today and most of the year.

The chiefs haven't won a playoff game since Bill Clinton first took office (1993). They had a meltdown of biblical proportions and I loved it. I'm originally from western Wayne county Indiana so I was happy to see the colts come back to win. My wife is from Missouri so her hole family is chiefs fans, which makes for some tense moments durning games.

That being said, Peyton is the reason that Indy is now a football town and I'll always be a Peyton fan so my heart is torn. I hope the colts beat the pats and the bronco's beat the chargers and then I don't care which one of them win as long as that team beats the NFC team, which I hope is the seahawks.

Just saw this thread. Too late to call it from the beginning but I'm obviously saying "Bronco's for the win - all the way through."

I was in a local brew-pub for the 49'ers/Packers game. Painful loss for the cheese-heads.
    One Life

We should see some exciting games coming up! (click on image to expand)

Pats over the Colts
    Broncos over the Chargers
    Seahawks over the Saints
    Niners over the Panthers

Name:	nfl.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	1149
    Last edited by Shawn@PRS; 01-06-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Football is dumb!!! Signed, a sorrowful, pitiful Steeler fan!!!! Wouldn't mind a whole bunch of newbies makin' it...Loved KC, and GB(love Aaron Rodgers, even though he beat up on Pittsburgh couple years back) , and Cincy...ALL GONE!!! I actually picked the first 4 same as Shawn, so batting .250 kinda sux... I guess I'll go with Peyton (only because he really is TWICE as good as his brother, so he deserves two rings @#%^$%^&#$%^&!!!), Can't stand Brady-bawl ...oops, sorry, Brady-Ball. Cam Newton did something cool with a young fan in the seats so he earned some respect from me, and Carolina is new...what the heck.
    49ers and Seattle's Defenses are amazing, so if I were gambling, money on one of them.

I am going the complete opposite and pulling for the underdogs. Not that I really think they will win, bit hoping that they do. Their opponents are just that good. But... that is why they play the game!
    The only team that I picked that really has a chance at winning is the Saints. They have learned alot from a month ago, have shown it and still have something to prove. Will it be enough, I dont know. The Hawks are hell of a team. I like the Colts, because Bellichick can't be that good (Not)! The Chargers because they have been trying hard. The Panthers, well, just because.

Colts over the Pats
    Chargers over the Broncos
    Saints over the Seahawks
    Panthers over the Niners

Senior Member Todd_FindingMyWay's Avatar
    The problem with the PATS this year....They have the ability to STOMP on every team including the mannings and the breezes etc etc etc...

But ALSO they have the ability to downright stink. Their inconsistency this year has driven me nuts...Surprising to hear me say that as they are 12 and 4 but they have not really put a complete game together...Either they get up by 9,000 points and just sleep during the second half or they are down by 9,000 points and wake the heck up and storm back and win.

Going into the playoffs I STILL dont know which team will show up..... Half thier starters are all out...ones in jail and the others have had season ending injuries..its incredible that they are 12 and 4...Billichek is coach of the year for this reason. (But he has a lot of haters and he is so damn consistent every year that he will not win it)
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobstrusive..