Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

I remember when Eli was drafted he complaining because he got drafted some where other than where he wanted to play, or was going to be and then wasn't, and Peyton told him he did have to play in the NFL at all. I think that really shows the big difference between the two there. Sure he's got one more play off ring right now but complaining about being drafted...

Quote Originally Posted by jimistephen View Post
    I remember when Eli was drafted he complaining because he got drafted some where other than where he wanted to play, or was going to be and then wasn't, and Peyton told him he did have to play in the NFL at all. I think that really shows the big difference between the two there. Sure he's got one more play off ring right now but complaining about being drafted...
    John Elway was the first QB to do this. He was drafted by the longterm losers at the time, the Baltimore Colts. He refused to acknowledge them or talk to them as the number one pick overall. After one year they sold his rights to the Broncos! Elway and Eli each have two rings. As much as things change, they stay the same!

Check this out.
    The Seahawks had people lining up by SeaTac airport to watch their bus come in for their flight, and at my work a few on my crew worked this weekend, and they were up on the roof above our 25'x30' 12th man flag getting pics, and the Seahawks filmed my crew up on the roof.
    It goes fast, they show up around 10 to 11 seconds into the video.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photo...3-1a0169e1db72

Senior Member Todd_FindingMyWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimistephen View Post
    Yeah that was the Chargers who drafted him and daddy was on the horn working the back channels.
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobstrusive..

Quote Originally Posted by FindingMyWay View Post
    Yeah that was the Chargers who drafted him and daddy was on the horn working the back channels.
    I wonder how differently things may have worked out had Eli gone to the Chargers. Ultimately it was probably a smart move to go to NY, although the fans aren't going to accept many more seasons like the one they just had.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I wonder how differently things may have worked out had Eli gone to the Chargers. Ultimately it was probably a smart move to go to NY, although the fans aren't going to accept many more seasons like the one they just had.
    interesting thought...but GREAT Player go to an organization and have the ability and power to change a culture and win...When Peyton went to the Colts, they werent exactly lighting it up either.

Interesting similarity from the Hockey world was Eric Lindros. He was drafted by the Quebec Nordiques and refused to go citing he wanted to be with a contending/winning organization.
    The irony after that episode was the Quebec Nordiques moved and became the Colorado Avalanche and won two Stanley Cups. Eric, never did get to the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingMyWay View Post
    Interesting similarity from the Hockey world was Eric Lindros. He was drafted by the Quebec Nordiques and refused to go citing he wanted to be with a contending/winning organization.
    The irony after that episode was the Quebec Nordiques moved and became the Colorado Avalanche and won two Stanley Cups. Eric, never did get to the Stanley Cup playoffs.
    Lindros got to the playoffs, but never the Finals. He was always a somewhat fragile player, and somewhat rightfully took a lot of crap for his attitude during the whole thing. He came very close to going to the Rangers instead of the Flyers - there was an arbitration hearing because both teams felt they made a deal for Lindros.

Peter Forsberg was one of the players who went from Philly to Quebec in that deal, and he was key in the Avs success years later.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    shawn, it all sounds good except for your final outcome
    Couldn't agree more.

Go SEAHAWKS!
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Saw a great story on that.

Talk about a lot of work to paint a plane. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but sheesh!
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Go SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Broncos!
    One Life

Go Stormers!... oh wait we're talking about American Football, not a real mans sport like Rugby.....

Just kidding.... rooting for the Bronco's cause Payton needs another ring.
    Current Herd: PRS P22 Eriza Verde / PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Future additions to herd : Pauls Guitar / Angelus Custom / SE Korina One / Archon and 2x12 and if they ever release a SE or S2 Bass

I'm going with the Broncs

I'm gonna say Denver, gotta give it to Manning's experience and ability. But they had a snoozer of a game against Mr. Bundchen and crew, so hopefully they didn't get too relaxed!

Also, I'm pretty unexcited for halftime... Bruno Mars? Really?
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Go Seahawks.
    8 to 0 as I type this.
    Will have to check the local news when I get up, as it is almost time to hit the hay, gotta get up at midnight for work.

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    I'm gonna say Denver, gotta give it to Manning's experience and ability. But they had a snoozer of a game against Mr. Bundchen and crew, so hopefully they didn't get too relaxed!

Also, I'm pretty unexcited for halftime... Bruno Mars? Really?
    I think they got too relaxed...LOL.
    I wasnt excited either, but he got my attention opening up on drums. In the end I thought it was pretty good. (The halftime show that is.)

AND the best part, No more comparisons with Mr Bundchen. That ended immediately last night.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Go Seahawks.
    8 to 0 as I type this.
    Will have to check the local news when I get up, as it is almost time to hit the hay, gotta get up at midnight for work.
    You never got back to us, Corey. But that's alright -- I think I finally sobered up by this afternoon.

Talk about a party!

BTW, are you going to be going to the parade tomorrow? Never thought I'd say the words, "I'm excited to go to a parade!"
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richardlpalmer View Post
    You never got back to us, Corey. But that's alright -- I think I finally sobered up by this afternoon.

Talk about a party!

BTW, are you going to be going to the parade tomorrow? Never thought I'd say the words, "I'm excited to go to a parade!"
    Oh, I posted over in Han's Bronco's thread or the Congratulations Seahawks thread, one of those.
    As soon as I got up I flipped on the PC here to check the local news site.

No, not going to the parade, but have been reading up on it in the news.
    To many meetings at work today, and have a full day already planned out there.
    http://www.kirotv.com/

Our store inside of work yesterday got a huge shipment of the Super Bowl shirts in, but they all sold out before I could get one.
    I ended up getting one off of NFL Shop.
    http://www.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seaha...s-Seahawks-2.2
    This is the one I ordered.
    http://www.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seaha...irt_-_Charcoal

I picked up the short sleeved version of that shirt on Monday. Very cool!

We were at the parade in force today. Screamed my throat hoarse again. Oh, and froze our butts off...
    Richard