Thread: Rhythm/Treble washer on a Singlecut??

Rhythm/Treble washer on a Singlecut??

Just a question for Singlecut owners....

Has anyone added a "rhythm-treble" plastic disc/washer to their guitar?

I've always wondered...The SC body style just looks a little "naked" and the toggle switch looks lost without one...

If you have pics, please post them---I'd like to see how it looks...

While I'm at it....

Has anyone tried adding an LP-style pickguard to their Singlecut??

Let's see em!!

Tony

I'm pretty sure Frankie's done it… ( the washer, not the pick guard…)
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Personally, I really like the clean lines without either the washer or the pickguard. It just looks more elegant to me.

I saw a company who offers customized toggle rings, you can have them made to say anything you want. Good/Evil, Heaven/Hell, Fish/Chips, Twigs/Berries, etc.

Okay, the custom thing I might do!

I understand Tony's thought about the toggle ring - the absence did make me look twice the first few times. But now I like the clean look.

And why hide a good looking top with a pick guard?
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I saw a company who offers customized toggle rings, you can have them made to say anything you want. Good/Evil, Heaven/Hell, Fish/Chips, Twigs/Berries, etc.
    I like the clean look, but that's pretty awesome.

Think they'll do a surround for my 5 way blade that says Dangit, Messed-Up, Oops, Sorry About That, and I Can Never Get That Right When Anyone's Watching!?
    Last edited by LSchefman; 01-06-2014 at 01:22 AM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Love it! How about Up and Down?
    And has anybody ever noticed that Gibson Rhythm/Treble washers read upside-down from playing position? I guess they want the audience to know what switch position the player's using!

I'm sorry but the companies that put that plastic washer around the toggle switch make the guitar look like a toy. Ruins the look with plastic all over the face of a guitar and binding
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

I like the washer idea but I come from playing a LP for many years. It's just a part of my DNA. The pickguard thing not so much IMO.

That said Kenny Greenberg has a LP-type pickguard on one of his PRS guitars that looks pretty cool. But I've always been pickguardless on that style of guitar.

I'm very much of the no ring opinion. It's the first thing i've removed with any LP i've owned as I much prefer the clean look. Same with pick guards, take them off!

If it's your thing tho, bash on! I'd love to see how it changes the look on a PRS.
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

I like the clean look on the Singlecut. Without that plastic binding on the body, it makes the PRS look like a Les Paul Studio.

Last edited by Brad737; 01-08-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

hmmmm you didnt use a sweet switch washer?
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}