Thread: New to forum

New to forum

It wassuggested that since Iím new I should introduce myself. I bought my first PRSabout seven years ago, a 1999 McCarty. Still probably my favorite. Also have asingle cut with a one piece top. Big fat neck and amazing tone. Iíve neveractually weighed it but about as heavy as a cinderblock. Also have a singlecutSE I bought for my son when he returned from Iraq. Amplifiers are, in order ofaffection, Fender Blues JR, Hot Rod Deluxe, Dr Z Prescription Extra StrengthCombo and a sweet little 15 watt tube Trace Elliot Vellocette.
    Iím alsolooking for some advice/opinion. I was lucky enough to find a 1993 Custom 24 innear mint condition. Iíd like to add pickup covers. I realize the obvious toneimplications but if that is an issue Iíll just remove them. I was told that the older humbuckers are toobig to install covers. If thatís not the case, anyone know the spacing?

Don't know the answer to your question, but welcome to the Forum and tell your son, thanks for his service!

But, you might consider swapping out the pups.
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    Don't know the answer to your question, but welcome to the Forum and tell your son, thanks for his service!

But, you might consider swapping out the pups.
    +1 on all comments!

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Likewise from me.

Goldtop Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock