Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why are SE guitars so good?

Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    My measure stick is a good quality product.I think most entry model guitars are s**t.I would not say korean PRSs are **** but i have never bonded with them,would never buy one."good enough" is the truth we are to believe in.I dont!I dont believe in the truth that Mary got pregnant with the holy spirit either .Apparently millions does,or does because millions believe the same thing.If cheap s**t is needed to stay in business it is what it is.Its sad!Volvo now has chinese owners.I guess its needed.Sad!
    If they are not for you then that is one thing, but it's hard to dismiss the products out of hand as many (including me) feel the SE line is every bit a PRS. I'd put my SE245 up against any of the dozen or so Les Pauls I have owned over the years, including the one that I have now.

Defender of the Universe HANGAR18's Avatar
    My measure stick is a good quality product.I think most entry model guitars are s**t.I would not say korean PRSs are **** but i have never bonded with them,would never buy one."good enough" is the truth we are to believe in.I dont!I dont believe in the truth that Mary got pregnant with the holy spirit either .Apparently millions does,or does because millions believe the same thing.If cheap s**t is needed to stay in business it is what it is.Its sad!Volvo now has chinese owners.I guess its needed.Sad!
    A very long time ago, back when I was young, thin and handsome, a Lotus or an Epiphone was all I could ever hope for in an electric guitar. I couldn't tell the difference beccause that's just where I was in my natural progression of guitar ownership. But now, my standards have increased, I'm more demanding and I can really notice the difference between my USA CU24 and the former $450.00 import guitars I once owned. Back then, I wasn't settling for "good enough", I simply had the right guitar for me at that time. Today, we have all the bases covered with the PRS lines. For some, an SE is the right guitar for them right now, for others the S2 line and for old guys like me who make more money than they did 30 years ago and can tell the difference, the PRS USA core line is the right choice for me right now. I wish they had guitars as good as the SE line back when I was young!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Can i be the first here?Mexican Fenders are s**t,chinese squiers are s**t,Epiphone Les Pauls from korea are s**t.Japan build some good guitars.USA build the best guitars.Im talking factory guitars.West have outsorced everything to other parts of the world only for one reason,to make owners of the brand richer.The one truth we are supposed to believe in is that the product is as good.Its not!To me it smells like s**t in most musicstores today.Its only business to make as much money as possible.Apparently the workers in the overseas factories are skilled workers but they will never get credit for it.The american or european brand get the credits.We live in a world with a system that has as a basic to have everything private owned and from those private owners prosperity will come.It does in the shape of products manufactured in asia,mexico or india for example.Profits are huge products are s**t.Plus our unemployment rates gets higher and higher.
    There was a time when I would have agreed. Even now I'll say that I don't like epis. Lol

but the SEs are different. I've been playing for 20 years and my main guitars are Gibson custom shop LPs. I know what quality is. And I'm telling ya, my SE c24 is a fantastic instrument regardless of where it was made. The fact is that import guitars are getting better. Squier is building great teles these days. Slap better pups in one anod you have a keeper for far less than an American Std. The USA companies should take note.

My measure stick is a good quality product.I think most entry model guitars are s**t. I would not say korean PRSs are **** but i have never bonded with them,would never buy one."good enough" is the truth we are to believe in.I dont!I dont believe in the truth that Mary got pregnant with the holy spirit either .Apparently millions does,or does because millions believe the same thing.If cheap s**t is needed to stay in business it is what it is.Its sad!Volvo now has chinese owners.I guess its needed.Sad!

Rock the *** on Swede!
    ............... The Swede has stated that Korean PRS are not sh*t, they are just not his thing. The Guitar is not for you. I get that. You are not a "Fan" of "Slave Labor" I truly get that. It seems our world is totally in favor of said "Slave Labor", so we can enjoy marginally cheaper products. I disagree, but I get where they are coming from. It's all warm & fuzzy until your own Industry disappears! Then everyone looks around & says WTF just happened to my job. Prolly could have done without the Pregnant Mary comment though.
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Can i be the first here?Mexican Fenders are s**t,chinese squiers are s**t,Epiphone Les Pauls from korea are s**t.Japan build some good guitars.USA build the best guitars.Im talking factory guitars.West have outsorced everything to other parts of the world only for one reason,to make owners of the brand richer.The one truth we are supposed to believe in is that the product is as good.Its not!To me it smells like s**t in most musicstores today.Its only business to make as much money as possible.Apparently the workers in the overseas factories are skilled workers but they will never get credit for it.The american or european brand get the credits.We live in a world with a system that has as a basic to have everything private owned and from those private owners prosperity will come.It does in the shape of products manufactured in asia,mexico or india for example.Profits are huge products are s**t.Plus our unemployment rates gets higher and higher.
    Setting aside your political reasons for disliking outsourced manufacturing, I think you are missing the point of why these entry level guitars are made where they are made. It's all about offering a reasonable product at a price point beginner and young artists can afford. If the only guitars available were $2K+ American or European models, the beginning guitarist wouldn't have a chance in Hell of getting their hands on one when they most need it - when they are young and the learning is best. It takes time and money to build a guitar to the quality and finish level of a core line Maryland made PRS, or even a Gibson, Taylor, Martin or Fender. You just aren't going to see them offered new, or even used in good shape, for the price point the average kid needs to see.

You may not like it, but Fender, Gibson and PRS are furthering the development of young players by offering valid, workable entry points. No sane parent on the planet is going to plunk down Kilobuck$ for little Johnny or Sally to try out guitar when there is no guarantee that they will stick with it long enough to warrant that kind of outlay.

You have your preferences, we all do. But please stop raining on others' parades. The MexiStrats, Epiphones, Squires and SEs have a valuable and important role to play in nurturing young talent.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Good point Ruger.............
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)