Thread: First Picture Post

First Picture Post

Well this is my first post with a picture. Hopefully everything goes through.

I recently got booted out of my 'music' room at home for a good cause. My wife and I are expecting our first child and needed the room. We decided to out my music stuff at the end of a hall. The hardest thing for me was putting up some wall hangers because I wasn't sure that I trusted them. After considering that pretty much every guitar store that I've ever been in hangs them by the headstock so I decided to do it. I love the way it turned out. The hangers are screwed into a stud in the wall. What do you guys think?

Last edited by prs19; 01-11-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Plus Combo
    TC Electronic G-System

It looks great man. That is my plan for when I build my house this year.

needs more Marshall

Congrats on the good news!! I was also nervous the first time I used wall hangers for my guitars but they're a great way of displaying them.

Looking good man !!

Congrats! Looks good. You may not need the amp for a while either. "SSSHHHHHHHHH! The baby is sleeping!". I remember those days. It was worth it though.

Sweet! Nice work Bud
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by prs19 View Post
    I recently got booted out of my 'music' room at home for a good cause. My wife and I are expecting our first child and needed the room. We decided to out my music stuff at the end of a hall. The hardest thing for me was putting up some wall hangers because I wasn't sure that I trusted them. After considering that pretty much every guitar store that I've ever been in hangs them by the headstock so I decided to do it. I love the way it turned out. The hangers are screwed into a stud in the wall. What do you guys think?
    I think that new area is plenty big enough for a baby, and you need to man up and march in to your wife and say, "Listen woman, this is my space, not that kid's space, and until that kid earns its keep, I'M the one in charge here and I'll be the one taking the big area for my stuff! I'm willing to forgive your momentary transgression, as long as you buy me another - no, TWO more - PRS guitars to show your remorse!!!!"

(She's not reading over your shoulder is she???? I'm typing quietly so my wife won't walk in... )

Congrats on the impending new arrival - as Rob alluded to, there are a ton of aggravations and tribulations that go along with the ride, but it's worth every second.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Awesome, love the green one!
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SC-58 AP, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

Thanks for the feedback gents!

FennRx, by all means if you want to sponsor a Marshall half-stack in the corner I would be glad to give you the advertising space.

alantig, I need better training for a move like that!
    TC Electronic G-System

Dig that P22! Congrats on the impending sleep disrupter!

On the South Bank of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River in rural town.
    Quote Originally Posted by prs19 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback gents!

FennRx, by all means if you want to sponsor a Marshall half-stack in the corner I would be glad to give you the advertising space.

alantig, I need better training for a move like that!

Yeah, you're right about that. Just like with bears, don't come between a mother and her baby.

Some dudes pack their stuff up completely and don't play for years. I didn't do that and it isn't something I would do to begin with. Messing around with the guitar is just part of the territory I inhabit.

Good luck with the baby and your lifestyle transition. You might just need those guitars to fall into in the near future just to help deal with the stress. Stress isn't always a bad thing, but we need our outlets in order to keep an even keel.
    "Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.

I've been hanging my 2 guitars for more than 5 years now with no issues and i love contemplating them when i'm not playing them
    great pair of guitars you have there bro,my best wishes to the new addition to your family

LOve that wall! How do you like the Line 6 DT amp? I am playing a P22 through at DT50 212 and I love it!
    "When I'm in my head I'm in a bad Neighborhood!"

Beas...I realize that Line6 products have a binary effect on people...you either love them or don't care for them. For what I do (just play for fun) I'm not sure there is anything better. I do love an all tube amp and appreciate what they bring to the table. If you want effects that means pedals or rack mount effects. The Line6 products just work well for me and I've spent very little time without one of their products. Specifically, I have really been impressed with the DT25. The amp sounds much bigger than it is. I have a HD500x that I was playing through before I got the DT25. I have not hooked them up through Line6 link yet. Soon! I'm excited about messing around with that. The amp just sounds so good on its own that I haven't wanted to. Your P22 is a beauty! Is it Black Gold Wraparound?
    TC Electronic G-System

Yes, Black Gold Wrap. I would encourage you to link that Pod 500x to that DT25. You are in for a real treat!
    "When I'm in my head I'm in a bad Neighborhood!"