Thread: What does the writing in pickup cavities mean?

What does the writing in pickup cavities mean?

Hi guys

i was just wondering if anybody knows what all the numbers and letters in my CE-24's pickup cavity means, just out of curiosity?

Well, "7 18,957" is the serial number, so that's taken care of already :-)

Well, the 'CE' stands for... wait for it... CE! ...but you knew that already.

I'm guessing the 'EG' stands for Emerald Green.

The rest is a mystery.

Are you sure you want to know? It could mean a problem in the Universe.... Just sayin'
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

On the contrary, gentlemen, these are all mystical Kabbalic numbers with specific meanings. Some, of course, represent ancient curses, others magical incantations.

Moreover, if you run the Bible Code on these entries, you get "This is a pickup cavity," and "Sign off on this, dude," on the same page, along with the words "A Smith is working at his anvil."
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Oh cool. Thanks, Les. Yeah, I got the smith part, but I missed the other two. thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Are you sure you want to know? It could mean a problem in the Universe.... Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    On the contrary, gentlemen, these are all mystical Kabbalic numbers with specific meanings. Some, of course, represent ancient curses, others magical incantations.
    I tried to warn you. Now you have awoken the Schefman....
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Serial number. Initials from various workers. Work order number.

Hmmmm... I smell a cover-up of something vast, devious and mysterious..............

Those are Paul's high school locker combinations. You know the nightmare when you forget your combo? Well, Paul use to have it happen every night and all around the globe. He had the idea to have the workers write the numbers in each and every guitar he made so he would have worldwide access to them. Knowing that he (PRSh) could find the combination numbers anytime and anywhere, he finally found the peace (piece) of mind to have a sound sleep.
    True story.
    Not like the other kids...

Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    Those are Paul's high school locker combinations. You know the nightmare when you forget your combo? Well, Paul use to have it happen every night and all around the globe. He had the idea to have the workers write the numbers in each and every guitar he made so he would have worldwide access to them. Knowing that he (PRSh) could find the combination numbers anytime and anywhere, he finally found the peace (piece) of mind to have a sound sleep.
    True story.
    I like surprises!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Serial number. Initials from various workers. Work order number.

Yea right! Do you really expect us to believe something as simple and straight forward as that? That is an insult to our collective intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    True story.
    Now THAT I can believe

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    Yea right! Do you really expect us to believe something as simple and straight forward as that? That is an insult to our collective intelligence!
    Exactly! Our connective intellarmogense!

I thought those were the serial numbers from the bills that Markie used to pay for his guitars...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner