Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mild dilemma: flying with a guitar

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Correction: No other with a maple top except his.

Hey, Sergio, I flew through Chicago. It was bitterly cold! I couldn't believe the ice on lake Michigan. Here's a pic flying out.

Look at that 90 foot swell that's about to crash over the city!

Hey, Sergio, I flew through Chicago. It was bitterly cold! I couldn't believe the ice on lake Michigan. Here's a pic flying out.

Brutal!!!! I hate this place six months out of the year...

Bangin' job getting an isle seat and paying to board early, did you have to come back through Chicago? I always hate the return trip because of the high traffic through Midway and O'hare, it seems like every plane has to make a stop here so I'm always stuck in a middle seat (not quite as tall as you but still...) and have to really lay on the charm when traveling with a guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    did you have to come back through Chicago? I always hate the return trip because of the high traffic through Midway and O'hare, it seems like every plane has to make a stop here so I'm always stuck in a middle seat (not quite as tall as you but still...) and have to really lay on the charm when traveling with a guitar.
    Yeah, both ways through Chicago, both with only an hour layover each - enough to take a dump and get some food at a comfortable pace. I noticed the terminal at Midway was pretty busy. However, three out of four flights were not anywhere near full and I had nobody next to me in the middle. Really, it couldn't be much better.

Also, I forgot to mention I used my SE gig bag. That was really nice, it performed really well.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Glad the trip went well! Been lookin' for "the right" EG myself for the past 20 years too.
    you mean "design on a dimebag project worthy?"
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    you mean "design on a dimebag project worthy?"
    I'd love something that I wouldn't to mess with too much....maybe.

There are only two cool ways to travel with a guitar:

1. Railroads. So you can pose with your guitar by the tracks for your...uh...CD cover...

2. Hitchhiking. So you can wait by brick walls and crossroads, and take pictures for your...um...you know...CD cover...and say, "it took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw..."

If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I did a google image search and found a pic of a guitar very similar to his, except his was 3 pieces on top and had a double black coil humbucker at the bridge. I don't know why I didn't take a pic of his while I was checking it out.

05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I did a google image search and found a pic of a guitar very similar to his, except his was 3 pieces on top and had a double black coil humbucker at the bridge. I don't know why I didn't take a pic of his while I was checking it out.

Wow! Is that a maple top? I thought they were all three piece... that looks like two.

I think so. It's flamey like maple. I don't recall seeing flamed alder with figuring like that before. His also had the pearloid.

I think so. It's flamey like maple. I don't recall seeing flamed alder with figuring like that before.
    I forget who it was that owned it but I recall seeing a 305 with figured alder... blew my mind.

I'm sure it's maple...gotta be.. Man, I'm always ragging on pick guards but for some reason I like the ones on EG's. Maybe I'll feel the same way about the other PRS with 'em in 20 years.