Thread: Lots of love to the PTC and PRS' customer support!

Lots of love to the PTC and PRS' customer support!

I wanted to wait to tell this story until I got the guitar back, but now that I have and it looks great, here goes...

I bought a Pauls Guitar new sometime last summer and shortly after noticed the finish along the edge of the fretboard looked like it was bubbling up.. Here 's a couple pics

I first thought I was being too picky since it was barely visible and couldn't be felt. Then PM'd a fellow forum member since I recalled he had a similar issue with his Sig limited and he said just contact PRS customer support, they did a total refin on his and it turned out perfect.

I did just that and then sent some pictures. Soon after they sent a UPS truck to pickup the guitar. After checking it out they said they also would need to do a total refin.

It took about 2 months all said and done but the guitar is back now and it looks wonderful. It actually looks identical to the way it did minus the finish flaw. I'm definitely a happy camper and very pleased!

Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

Very nice!!!!! Man that thing is glowing!!!!
    I like surprises!!!

Sweeeeeeeet!!

NIce! Too bad it requires a full refin.. My KL just started to do the same thing.

I have a couple of guitars that has happened to...the worst is my 02 HB1.

Great looking axe. Glad they got your issue fixed.
    Plank Owner

Beautiful guitar, worth the trouble no doubt!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

PRS is the best man, hands down! Best musical products on the planet and customer service! And the PTC that makes it all possible! They have had 2 of my guitars and done amazing work, have another going there this year after I get a Archon
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

DGT Club Vice President
    Had the same problem with my 2011 DGT with first issue V12. PTC took care of the issues NO SWEAT!

mgd

DGTs

I love that Top!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

When PRS told me it was going to be a total refin, I came very close to asking for a different color. I'm now glad I stuck with the original copper!
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

It seriously doesn't bother me as I'm used to ruining every guitar I touch but does anybody know why/how this happens? I wanna think it's because I'm just that badass and I'm rockin' the finish off with my devastatingly wicked riffage.

PS- I've already dropped the guitar ( sorry Mike!) and scratched the sh!t outta it from playing it.. and the fact that it hasn't left my side since I bought it in November probably helped it along.

PPS- Yes indeed the PTC does absolutely rule as does PRS customer service... They even treat warranty voiding knuckleheads like me as a first-class customer.