Thread: Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Hello,
    My name is Ron and I am from Minnesota. At the age of 57 I decided I needed a hobby so I bought a guitar and amp then RockSmith 2014 for my Xbox 360. ( another attempt at a new hobby..lol )

I didn't see an area for the software RockSmith, so I guess I will ask my question here.
    I'm new to Xbox 360 and to playing the guitar or any other musical instrument.

I figured out how to make sure my guitar is in turn but now I am lost as to where to start. I assume that it would be best to learn notes,chords etc. but in RockSmith there doesn't seem to be a start here if you know nothing section......lol

Is there anyone who used RockSmith 2014 and can point me in the correct direction. I would like to know what would be the best way to use the software and learn how to play my guitar. I would like to stick to learning using Rocksmith since I did buy it so I would appreciate if any replies were RockSmith 2014 & Xbox 360 related. I started this post earlier but had a power outage so I had to start all over again, I know this forum has a auto save feature so if you see this post half done in another area I apologize in advance. I look forward to any help as I am very excited to get started on this.

Any and all help is appreciated
    Ron
    A beginner as a guitar player, never played any instrument in my life.
    Now at 57 I decided to try to learn how to play the guitar.
    I have a Yamaha Electric Guitar Model EG112C2 and a Park G25 Amp
    I am using Xbox 360 and RockSmith 2014 to learn to play

Hey Ron! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome, Ron! I know nothing about Rocksmith, but having someone join here is always a good thing.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by e_a_g_l_e_p_i View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Ron and I am from Minnesota. At the age of 57 I decided I needed a hobby so I bought a guitar and amp then RockSmith 2014 for my Xbox 360. ( another attempt at a new hobby..lol )

I didn't see an area for the software RockSmith, so I guess I will ask my question here.
    I'm new to Xbox 360 and to playing the guitar or any other musical instrument.

I figured out how to make sure my guitar is in turn but now I am lost as to where to start. I assume that it would be best to learn notes,chords etc. but in RockSmith there doesn't seem to be a start here if you know nothing section......lol

Is there anyone who used RockSmith 2014 and can point me in the correct direction. I would like to know what would be the best way to use the software and learn how to play my guitar. I would like to stick to learning using Rocksmith since I did buy it so I would appreciate if any replies were RockSmith 2014 & Xbox 360 related. I started this post earlier but had a power outage so I had to start all over again, I know this forum has a auto save feature so if you see this post half done in another area I apologize in advance. I look forward to any help as I am very excited to get started on this.

Any and all help is appreciated
    Ron
    jamplay.com
    jamplay.com will get you going...Nice beginner section...

I got nuth'in on Rocksmith Ron................ But welcome to the Forum!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)