Thread: PRS SC245 Limited in Jet White...

PRS SC245 Limited in Jet White...

So, new member. I thought I'd sign up following the news I just got told today that I'm receiving this guitar as a gift from my mother-in-law. Pretty unbelievable gift, I'm sure you'll agree. It's 1 of 100, I'm told?

What should I expect? Anybody else own one here?

If I remember right....they were a limited semi-hollow run of 5 different finishes.

Here's my 25th PRS made for me.

Here's the one I owned and sold. The hardware is different and non locking tuners.

PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

I believe they did these in around 2008, maybe 100 SC245s and 100 Miras...both Jet White with gold hardware. Im not 100% sure on that but thats what I remember!

Welcome, and congrats on an awesome gift! Make sure to post some pics when you get it. We'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    I believe they did these in around 2008, maybe 100 SC245s and 100 Miras...both Jet White with gold hardware. Im not 100% sure on that but thats what I remember!
    Yup. I never heard a total number produced but I do know they were one of those dealer incentives where a dealer got to order one of these for every guitar ordered from factory inventory, Miras were one month, SC245s another.

Last edited by Daniel; 01-20-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Yup. I never heard a total number produced but I do know they were one of those dealer incentives where a dealer got to order one of these for every guitar ordered from factory inventory, Miras were one month, SC245s another.

Cool, interesting.

Does anybody have a full spec rundown?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Gecko View Post
    Cool, interesting.

Does anybody have a full spec rundown?
    The only thing "special" was the Jet White color, which was not normaly available on those two models. Here are the SC245 specs from the dealer info sheet:

SC245
    Singlecut, carved figured maple top with thick mahogany back, 24"
    scale length, 22 fret mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, PRS stoptail, vintage style tuners, SC 245 truss rod cover, hardshell case
    Electronics - PRS 245 treble & bass pickups with covers, volume & tone control for each pickup, 3-way toggle pickup switch on upper bout
    Options
    Flame or quilted maple
    Wide thin neck
    10 top flame or quilt
    Bird inlays
    Gold hardware with PRS anodized stoptail
    Artist package - flame maple**
    Finishes, *indicates opaque color
    Amber, Black Cherry, Black Sunburst, Blue Matteo, Dark Cherry Sunburst,
    Dark Cherry Wrap-Around Sunburst, Gray Black, Natural, Gold Top*, McCarty Sunburst, McCarty Tobacco Sunburst, Santana Yellow, Orange, Platinum Metallic*, McCarty Tobacco Wrap-Around Sunburst, Black*, Vintage Natural, Tortoise Shell, Vintage Yellow, Violin Amber Sunburst, Emerald Green, Royal Blue, Whale Blue, Tri-Color Sunburst, Scarlet Red, PRS Tobacco Sunburst

Got the guitar. Awesome instrument.