Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forums, question about setup, fret buzz and Belgium.

From the neck pickup pole pieces (the screws, not the flat ones) with the 24th fret pressed down, I have about 1mm ... from the flat polepieces about 2-3mm

Check what PRS recommends and go from there.Your guitar seems ok.To me its sounds like a high fret making guitar Buzz.If relief is .026 inch you should try to tighten it a little.0.010 inch is what most players would be comfortable with.

The pickup height seems ok (tried lowering them to see if the magnets weren't causing my string to go all woosy) by the PRS setup guide.

I just tried checking for high frets as well. (some guy recommended using a small flat surface and balance it over 3 frets at a time to see which one isn't level)
    It all seems fine to me. This is driving me mad, according to all specs this should be fine.

Also check for things rattle from the vibrations like tuner nut and washer not tight enough or trussrod cover for example

Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    Also check for things rattle from the vibrations like tuner nut and washer not tight enough or trussrod cover for example
    They seem fine

I have however decided to go look for a luthier and seem to have found a good one. It's about a 1.5 hour drive there and the same back.
    But I'll be glad if he can fix it for me.
    Thanks a lot for the advice Swede (and other members), I learned a lot about setups in the meantime! I might even have a go at setting up my Epi LP myself!

I'll post back when I have my PRS back from the luthier . Fingers crossed!

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd report back as promised. I got my PRS SE back yesterday from the luthier. Apparently one of the frets wasn't level and the nut slot for the lower E string was a bit too low as suspected. The luthier fixed it all up for me and per my request fitted 10-46's. And my god does this guitar play great now!

So thanks to all who gave me advice :-)!

hi Swede71..i have a brent mason model prs.is does this measurement apply here?