Thread: Any manchilds out there?

Any manchilds out there?

I like videogames.My favs are Bioshock and splintercell series.Yours?
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

All time fav is Halo, like Call Of Duty also. Oh, love Uncharted, Last of Us, the new Tomb Raider. Have an Xbox One and a PS3 also. Really don't play very much lately. Been working on music for a new band.
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

I've fallen out of the video game world as I've gotten older, but I really really loved the Prince of Persia series for Xbox and 360.
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

I generally only play sports sims on PS3 - mainly EA's NHL series (since their exclusive deal killed NHL2Kx). Have done a couple tennis sims, and used to play Madden every year but got bored with it - and a little frustrated with some of the complexity. Also play some non-sims like NFL Blitz and another EA hockey game.

Outside of the sports games, I lean towards a couple shooters - Metal Gear, Wolfenstein. I have the rock game Brutal Legend, but haven't played in a while.

Used to play APBA baseball and hockey a ton on PC, but not so much any more. Used to do a couple other sims on PC, but I've lost my attention span to sit there for a couple hours and play. But I still fire up one of those every now and then.

And right before my recent surgery, my wife bought me an Atari Flashback game - one of the old home-style games with 76 games built in. Some games suck, but others are pretty cool to play again.
    Last edited by alantig; 02-23-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

F1, Assassins Creeds, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor. All on pc. Dont have one of these new fangled xboxstation things
    I am not a luthier but i am in my own workshop.
    https://www.facebook.com/driffguitar

Civilization V! And Rocksmith 2014 a bit...
    "I'm a stream of noughts and crosses in your R.A.M."

I played World of Warcraft pretty hardcore for almost 4 years, then decided I really wanted to learn how to play guitar. :-)

I generally play sports games. Madden, Fifa, and Nba. Fifa and their Ultimate Team mode is quite addicting.

GT6, so going to build a seat/steering wheel/screen/surround sound setup just for it

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman View Post
    Civilization V!
    Ugh! I play CivRev on the xbox 360, been through 4 copies and countless hours of my life on that game to learn that I'd be a horrible person if I had absolute power over the world.

When I saw the title of this thread I had a completely different idea of the meaning. I was thinking the other way -- children that are man-sized. My son qualifies. Kid turned 15 and is 6'5, 285 lbs and sports a beard (red of course)...

Now THAT'S a manchild!
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    I like videogames.My favs are Bioshock and splintercell series.Yours?
    mine are counter strike GO and COD 4..

Quote Originally Posted by ghochan View Post
    I played World of Warcraft pretty hardcore for almost 4 years, then decided I really wanted to learn how to play guitar. :-)
    This, and Diablo. any way too many PS3 games to mention. I am a sucker for the RPG games....

Need to play less WoW and more guitar
    Current Herd: PRS P22 Eriza Verde / PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Future additions to herd : Pauls Guitar / Angelus Custom / SE Korina One / Archon and 2x12 and if they ever release a SE or S2 Bass

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    I'm addicted to GTA V and I love the Batman Arkham series (Asylum, City, and Origins). I used to be a first-person shooter nut with Halo being my main squeeze, but after people got unbelievably good at online multiplayer I pretty much moved to single-player games. I absolutely love the Uncharted series and Last of Us was one of the best games I've ever played. In terms of huge RPG action games, I don't think it gets much better than Skyrim.
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

Quote Originally Posted by richardlpalmer View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread I had a completely different idea of the meaning. I was thinking the other way -- children that are man-sized. My son qualifies. Kid turned 15 and is 6'5, 285 lbs and sports a beard (red of course)...

Now THAT'S a manchild!
    According to my girlfriend im a manchild.Its a man that loves his toys she says.She also says a man needs his mancave.I totally agree with her.I guess shes a modern woman because she has no problem with it whatsoever
    Last edited by swede71; 02-24-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    According to my girlfriend im a manchild.Its a man that loves his toys she says.She also says a man needs his mancave.I totally agree with her.I guess shes a modern woman because she has no problem with it whatsoever
    Sounds like a keeper.
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I have a PS3 and PS4 and unashamedly enjoy the vidya games!

Anybody wanna hook up on PSN, my username is the same as here, Hopeful-Sinner, hit me up...

Quote Originally Posted by ghochan View Post
    Same here. I also played Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot. Then i quit, got an Xbox and played a whole bunch of stuff for years.

Now the only ones i occasionally touch are NHL 13, Rocksmith, and there's usually one more laying around that will take me months to finish (right now it's Dishonored).