Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRS website updated

PRS website updated

...and of course, 2 days after I buy one, the Studio is discontinued. What does this mean for the NF pickups? Studio and NF3 are now gone.

Interesting. I also noticed that the Brent Mason sig is the only bolt-on model, I think.

The Starla and Mira are now gone from the CORE lineup as well. The Orianthi Sig is not there anymore either!

Quote Originally Posted by Audie View Post
    The Starla and Mira are now gone from the CORE lineup as well. The Orianthi Sig is not there anymore either!
    Since the S2 series was announced the (core) Starla and Mira pages had big 'DISCONTINUED' notices on them anyway if you actually clicked through to them. I think they left them up long enough to make sure people got wind of the S2 stuff.
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

Isn't the Orianthi Sig actually an SE?

Quote Originally Posted by 92Esquire View Post
    ...and of course, 2 days after I buy one, the Studio is discontinued. What does this mean for the NF pickups? Studio and NF3 are now gone.
    I'm glad I bought my NF3 when I did. If more people got their hands on a guitar with these pickups I think they'd really take off.

Quote Originally Posted by 92Esquire View Post
    Consider yourself lucky! Soon it will be "Rare NF PRS Studio, no longer made, ten zillion dollars."

The guitar doesn't care if they're no longer making them. It will work just as well.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Not sure if it's new or not, but it says the 408 standard comes in walnut. I don't think I've ever seen one in that finish - Google images didn't come up with one either.

I'd like to see an example...

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Consider yourself lucky! Soon it will be "Rare NF PRS Studio, no longer made, ten zillion dollars."

The guitar doesn't care if they're no longer making them. It will work just as well.
    The 305 got discontinued as well :-(

I put in an order for one in the fall, I'm glad I pulled the trigger on one when I did! I guess it will be kinda cool to know I'm getting one of the last few to roll off the assembly line...

Quote Originally Posted by hoofarted View Post
    The 305 got discontinued as well
    They didn't really have a choice on this after Scott Grove pointed out all the problems with it.

PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    They didn't really have a choice on this after Scott Grove pointed out all the problems with it.

This guy really doesn't like to share his opinion does he? Oh yea....it's not his opinion, it a FACT!..........idiot!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    This guy really doesn't like to share his opinion does he? Oh yea....it's not his opinion, it a FACT!..........idiot!
    FACT!!!
    Plank Owner

Damnit blaren was right! Let the rants begin!

Sorry to see these pickups go, they're unique and brilliant but they use 57/08 wire so maybe that's a factor.

What was I thinking?!?!

Feast like a sultan, I do QueenCityGuitars's Avatar
    He had me at, "It dudn't take nuthin'."

NF3, DC3, 305, NS-15, SE amps, and the studio are gone. It also looks like all the amps are just listed as "Amps" instead of amps and cad amps.

As for new the DG Amps are then with the addition of a HXDA 50 and a HXDA 30. Got the new Alex Lifeson acoustic and artist package acoustics. Pretty men for me.
    Last edited by jimistephen; 01-23-2014 at 03:54 PM.

With the DC3, 305,, and SAS Studio gone, does that mean they have given up on chasing the F-tones or is there something else on the horizon ?
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

With the DC3, 305,, and SAS Studio gone, does that mean they have given up on chasing the F-tones or is there something else on the horizon ?
    The Sergio model is replacing them all.

Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I guess part of my concern is being stuck with "orphan" pickups that don't have any sort of replacement/aftermarket route. I had played the NF's last week, and liked what I heard. I was hoping they'd stick around long enough to at least get Duncan to make something in case I ever want a different tone. Not that I'm GOING to change pickups, I just like the safety net of a choice if I ever did.

I guess this is no different than buying something with a Charlie Christian pickup or a Gretsch...