Thread: NGD, Whale Blue SC250!

NGD, Whale Blue SC250!

Hey all, well the NGD was actually last Friday... but I had to spend some time cleaning, re-strings and playing before I could happily post my pics .

First up, here are a couple shots from the seller.

And finally an updated picture of the obligatory couch "family" shot.

The guitar is great. Its a 2007 SC250. When changing the strings I pulled the pickups and there is a note in the bridge cavity written above the barcode on the Work Order / Modcat sticker that says "SUMMER NAMM TD. SH." which is kinda cool.

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    Very nice...I've always been a fan of Whale Blue. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you come off a singlecut kind of guy.

That's a beautiful collection. Congrats on the NGD and thanks for sharing!!!
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

Nice! I'm really missing my SC250. That is a gorgeous one.

Nice family. I take it you like PRS SC's?

Plank Owner

Thanks!

I think you would be correct in labeling me a Singlecut guy . The SC58, and SC245's are cool too but I cannot seem to completely let go of the higher output pickups and the slightly longer scale length so the SC250 really just works well for me. .

I don't think becoming a Singlecut guy really happened until I picked up a PRS Singlecut (actually an SC58) I think around 2011 (shortly after the 250 was discontinued) I just could never bond with an LP and consequently had always avoided the shape.

The PRS SC model(s) melded the comfort of playing a "King V" standing with a "Super Strat" sitting. Where each of those models seems exponentially easier to play in one or the other position, the PRS Singlecut is close to the comfort of each in both positions... but I could be biased.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Good lookin' family - this forum over the past nearly two years has really warmed me up to blue guitars (used to be red only)...love the blue on black...
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers

I got a thing for blue guitars. Very nice
    2013 PRS DGT..
    2012 Ibanez RG 870 premuim
    2014 Prs se Clint Lowrey
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

Nice score! And a great looking collection of 250s!

Blue = awesome! Great looking guitar(s)!!

Nice addition to a great couch.

Thanks guys! I'm glad folks approve

These are all really nice instruments, as every PRS I've played has been, so these have all been tuned differently to reduce the indecision in which one to pickup at any given time.

Congrats!

Probably my favourite family shot ever.....nothing but beautiful OG style singlecuts!! Congrats on the new 250!

Please tell me you have a gun safe or something you keep these in.

Congrats!!! The second picture shows off what appears to be the finish sinking in nicely on the top!! Love that look!
    -Bob

Cornering the market on SCs I see!

Nice stuff!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by VHTStark View Post
    Probably my favourite family shot ever.....nothing but beautiful OG style singlecuts!! Congrats on the new 250!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by alostpick View Post
    Please tell me you have a gun safe or something you keep these in.
    Not quite a gun safe but earlier this year I... enhanced... a small room in my home to be a practice space with staggered studs, and layered plywood and drywall with the appropriate damping compounds. The room can be sealed with a custom built 2" thick solid wood door. Its not 100% sound isolated but it has reduced the levels pretty good to where my wife is surprised how loud it is when she opens the door to tell me something .

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bob View Post
    Congrats!!! The second picture shows off what appears to be the finish sinking in nicely on the top!! Love that look!
    I thought that too but cannot feel anything, my best guess is that its a trick of the light and the flamed maple. When the finish sinks in you can feel it, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Cornering the market on SCs I see!

Nice stuff!
    Hehe, I am doing my best. I missed out on a couple nice ones earlier in the year when I did not have the available funds so I 'm glad this one worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnal View Post
    Thanks!

Not quite a gun safe but earlier this year I... enhanced... a small room in my home to be a practice space with staggered studs, and layered plywood and drywall with the appropriate damping compounds. The room can be sealed with a custom built 2" thick solid wood door. Its not 100% sound isolated but it has reduced the levels pretty good to where my wife is surprised how loud it is when she opens the door to tell me something .

Sounds like a nice sanctuary...But it won't protect them from even the most amateur thieves, or a fire. Insurance possibly may replace the value or what not but they can never "replace" them. If you can afford this array you should be able to get something going safe-wise.

Defender of the Universe HANGAR18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnal View Post

And finally an updated picture of the obligatory couch "family" shot.

I didn't know family couch photos were required. I'll have to get a shot like that of my PRS guitars.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP