Thread: 1-24-2014 Newsletter

1-24-2014 Newsletter

Just got this in my email, looks like there is an Alter Bridge DVD?
    Going to buy it, but I am afraid most of the songs are way over my ability to play them.

In This Issue <---Click Me

Follow PRS at NAMM
    Six New Colors for 2014
    Alter Bridge: "The Sound and The Story" DVD
    PRS on Maryland Public Television
    Accessory Spotlight: PRS Cables Plus Free Shipping On Orders Over $100!

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/..._and_the_story

The newsletter talks about cables too, I have this silent cable.
    http://www.prsaccessories.com/collec...t-jack-18-feet
    Got it free with one of my "Thank You" packages, and I like it much better than a couple of Mogami cables I have.
    This is the cable I use all the time.

I have it it's quite awesome. Haven't really dug in to learning any of the tunes yet though

It is an awesome DVD. I think it's over 6 hours of video walking you through the entire album. I preordered it the day it was announced. Definitely worth the coin!!!

This was the first I heard about it, too. I got the Tremonti DVD for Christmas, but haven't dug into it yet. I'm not looking to learn the songs note-for-note necessarily, but I am looking to pick up a thing or two that I can use. Or abuse, depending on your opinion.

I will be getting this.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Yeah, the dvd is great!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

I wish they'd do blu-ray versions of these DVD's. I haven't ordered it yet because of that. I have the 1st one of Mark, just not sure I wanna drop $40 on something non-HD.

Well, I'm not going to tell you an BD version wouldn't be an upgrade, but I didn't really worry about that because I'll mostly watch it on my recording computer.

That said, this is worth the $40. Nearly 6.5 hours of content, plus it has a tab book that comes with it. And not the kind of tab book that we've come to expect with instructional DVDs - these guys did this one right, BIG time. 76 pages (the last page is numbered 77, but that includes the front cover), about two pages of pictures. SPIRAL bound, bright white glossy paper that is closer to card stock than any other book like this I've ever seen. Parts are broken out for each guy, and the songs aren't presented like the traditional tab books - it's more like Verse - Mark, Verse - Myles.

The closest thing I have to a complaint is that the book is sized about the same as a DVD case, so my old eyes are going to have issues with it on a stand.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Yeah, I know. I'll probably end up buying it at some point. I'm just being stubborn right now. The older I get pickier I get. Wait another 20 years when I'm an even angrier, stubborn old man. Lol, I'll be unbearable!