Thread: Is there a difference between the Stripped 58 and SC 245?

Is there a difference between the Stripped 58 and SC 245?

The specs seem to be the same. Anyone know what the difference is?

I've demo'd a few SC 58's and they were all fairly nice, but pricey. Anyone know if there is a difference in overall quality between the SC 58 and the more affordable SC 245 and Stripped 58?
    Last edited by DM426; 01-25-2014 at 10:36 AM.

The SC245 from 2013 and newer is basically the same guitar as the Stripped 58. The Stripped 58 and SC58 were consolidated into one guitar (the current SC245) and how fancy it is is solely determined by the options/upcharges. That said, the SC58 had neck binding - not available on the SC245. But you can have every other feature the SC58 had if you go Artist Pack. An SC245 with no additional extras is basically a 'Stripper.'

There were SC245s from a few years back that were different, so be careful if you're looking at older stuff (used or whatever). The dead giveaway to differentiate quickly between a new SC245 and an old one is that the new ones have the two-piece bridge.
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

For 2014 the page now shows it has bound rosewood fretboard. Really Cool! This is a great guitar. And as Whitecat basically said above, a great merge of the models.

Quote Originally Posted by Audie View Post
    For 2014 the page now shows it has bound rosewood fretboard. Really Cool! This is a great guitar. And as Whitecat basically said above, a great merge of the models.
    Good spot!! That's definitely brand new.

I think my SC245 AP that I ordered last year is being built. I wonder if it'll have the binding? I love bound fingerboards.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

My dealer (Jack) says that the SC245 AP that I ordered last year is in process now. I wonder if it'll have the 2014 spec binding? I always wondered what would happen if they changed the spec between the time I place an order and the time they make the instrument.

I sure hope so, I love bound fingerboards!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson