Thread: Trying to be good...

Trying to be good...

So, this has been at my local GC for a little over a month. The price is good, but I shouldn't be spending. I've really been missing my old satin SC250 lately and wanting a satin finish.

Can you confirm my thoughts on this one? I think it's a satin SC with an Artist Package. It's an '07, so it was before the 245s and 250s. It has a 25.0 scale, satin finish, gold hardware, paua birds and signature, and a rosewood headstock overlay. The back and neck are mahogany. Does the headstock overlay look like Brazillian?

BTW, the SE 20 sounded great! I played one when they first came out and really didn't like the lead channel. This one sounded really good, as did the clean channel cranked.
    Last edited by Egads; 01-25-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Also, I really like PRS tuners, so the Klusons on this are a disappointment and minor deterrent. I know I can change them out, but still...

Get it!!!!!!!
    I like surprises!!!

When I first got my SE SC, I wasn't sure if it was a good purchase... for about the first 10 minutes. I haven't looked back since!

Do it!!!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

I think I'm going to pass (of course, if I go back in a month or so and it's taken a dramatic mark-down, all bets are off). I'm just not a fan of gold hardware and the vintage tuners.

If anyone is looking for a great deal on an used Singlecut Satin in good shape, pm me and I'll give you the 411.

Red with a natural back looks really good, but I hear you on the vintage tuners and gold hardware.

I'm not a big fan of gold either however if it's a great deal then I'd get in it. Klusons can always be switched out too....
    2013 PRS DGT..
    2012 Ibanez RG 870 premuim
    2014 Prs se Clint Lowrey
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

Being good is pointless.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Being good is pointless.
    Correct.
    One Life

not sure what you can spend but here is a new Artist Brazilian http://davesguitar.com/products/paul...-brazilian-16/
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    not sure what you can spend but here is a new Artist Brazilian http://davesguitar.com/products/paul...-brazilian-16/
    Oh, holy hell! That is hot! Of course, it's almost twice the used one listed above.

Unless it's still there when we get back from vacation, AND it's taken a good mark down, I'm going to pass. It's not perfect (gold and vintage tuners), and I'm not sitting on a stack of bones that need a new home.

And my wife won't know how close she was to killing me.

Ummmm. If that guitar is 1/2 the price of Dave's, BUY IT NOW. That is an artist pack satin AND has a BRAZZY board. That would be an absolute steal. Even if you replaced all the hardware with nickel parts, it's still a steal after you're all said and done. Buy some gotoh locking kluson SD90 tuners and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Ummmm. If that guitar is 1/2 the price of Dave's, BUY IT NOW. That is an artist pack satin AND has a BRAZZY board. That would be an absolute steal. Even if you replaced all the hardware with nickel parts, it's still a steal after you're all said and done. Buy some gotoh locking kluson SD90 tuners and call it a day.
    Dammit! You are not helping here!

I would tag that in a heartbeat. That is one sexy guitar. DO IT!

PS: The SE amps are awesome (but I am biased)
    Current Herd: PRS P22 Eriza Verde / PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Future additions to herd : Pauls Guitar / Angelus Custom / SE Korina One / Archon and 2x12 and if they ever release a SE or S2 Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Dammit! You are not helping here!

Truth is, if you want an artist SC, it will be tough to get one near the price you're talking...especially if you desire a satin, because those are tough to find an artist pack(at least that I've seen). Trust me, I hate gold - my avatar pic is now void of gold