Thread: Belated NGD: 2002 Standard 24 in Platinum Metallic

Belated NGD: 2002 Standard 24 in Platinum Metallic

You know how sometimes fate just kinda kicks you in the butt and says do this?? I was really wanting something besides a PRS. I have 2 amazing PRS guitars and was looking for something different. I had 2 obstacles to overcome though. 1. Limited funds 2. I've had so many guitars, how do I find something different on the budget?? So we drove 2 hours to KC to hit some guitar stores and played a lot of different things at a lot of different stores. Found a lot of guitars I liked but nothing I had to have. My last stop was at a smaller store that had some S2's in there. The guy there said he'd cut me a "helluva deal" on one if I liked one so I played one.....and LOVED it. I hadn't played an S2 CU24 before and it blew me away. Played like a dream, sounded awesome, really blew me away, but the one thing that guitar did that no other guitar did that day was feel right. It felt like home. At that moment I realized I was being stupid for looking at anything other than PRS guitars. It's what I love. PRS, best guitars out there..PERIOD! Anyway, back to our story! lol...The guy did cut me a helluva deal, but it was still out of my budget..barely, but out. So I had to pass. I promised wife I wouldn't go over what we had agreed so it was out. Sitting in the car, a bit discouraged, I grabbed the phone, went on craigslist, and did a search for PRS..And here's what I got...

"Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Nice guitar.
    I like sparkles.

B
    a
    n
    g
    i
    n
    '
    !

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    That's awesome. There is a big focus on tops with PRSes for obvious reasons; I love seeing a good solid rooftop / silver / metallic solid color because it really brings out the lines of the actual guitar.
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited x2
    2012 NF3 | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

Nice, love the color. HNGD. ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    That's awesome. There is a big focus on tops with PRSes for obvious reasons; I love seeing a good solid rooftop / silver / metallic solid color because it really brings out the lines of the actual guitar.
    That's very true. Sometimes a cool color is just nice to have
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

That is one gorgeous guitar!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

t is too frickin' cool! Congrats.

My favorite PRS color. Nice score!

LOVE that color and STANDARDS! congrats!

Thanks all! Appreciate the kind words.. think I need a family photo now!