Thread: Estimate for PTC headstock refinish?

Estimate for PTC headstock refinish?

I sent a request to the PTC for work I need done to my McCarty SC245, but I just don't want to be in complete sticker shock when the work order comes through.

Long story short, the wife stored my cables and wrench in the wrong part of the case, so now the front of the headstock has a bunch of scratches and is missing part of the signature logo from being abused in a 4 hour car ride. It isn't through to the wood, so it will most likely just need the clear stripped/sanded and a new logo applied. It is literally to only the front of the headstock, so I'm hoping they don't tell me that a total refin will be necessary.

Any ideas what it will cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by tomsamuels View Post
    I sent a request to the PTC for work I need done to my McCarty SC245, but I just don't want to be in complete sticker shock when the work order comes through.

Long story short, the wife stored my cables and wrench in the wrong part of the case, so now the front of the headstock has a bunch of scratches and is missing part of the signature logo from being abused in a 4 hour car ride. It isn't through to the wood, so it will most likely just need the clear stripped/sanded and a new logo applied. It is literally to only the front of the headstock, so I'm hoping they don't tell me that a total refin will be necessary.

Any ideas what it will cost me?
    We can't really say what the price would be since its estimated on a case by case basis depending on how severe the damage is, but I wouldn't worry too much. Sounds like an isolated area of the guitar. Might be able to get away with some spot repair and a new logo.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Well, I had the PTC repair a nice ding on the face of my Tremonti headstock and I was lucky enough to meet Mark Tremonti a few times and he signed the back of that headstock. They refinished both sides of the headstock, sealing Tremonti's signature under the finish and they had to put a new logo on the face as well. Just had to sand down clear and do small repair on face of headstock and made it look like it was dipped in glass. Had it re fretted with DGT frets as well. The work is flawless and price is very reasonable. I look at the face of that Tremonti everyday and I always say to myself how glad I am that I had the ding repaired. Not supposed to talk money here but Im sure it will be under 2 C notes if you know what I mean and you will be glad you did it every time you pick it up....they come back playing amazing from the PTC
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

One million dollars!

There. Now anything else will seem like a bargain.
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

If you message Shawn, he can probably get you an estimate in a jiffy.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab