Thread: The Hansomatic Bridge Mod

The Hansomatic Bridge Mod

Step 1: Remove the bridge from the guitar.

Step 2: File off the sharp point that constantly digs into the heel of your hand.

Step 3: Get a set of MicroMesh pads and start buffing it out with the 3200 grit, then 3800, then 4000, then 6000, then 8000, then the 12000.

Step 4: Reassemble your guitar, play it, smile, and wonder why the hell you didn't take 15 minutes to do this much sooner.

Click to enlarge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fixed.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	1233
    One Life

Interesting... I'll have to remember that if the bridge ever starts bothering me. Thank you for sharing!

dang it, Hans! my first reaction was "hmm, i'm a palm-rester too but this never bothered me. what kind of ham fists does Hans have?" then i picked up my tv-watching Mira and guess what bothers me now.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Just think how comfy that bad-boy will be when you're done.
    One Life

Can I send my Gucci and Louis guitars to Colorado for such modification?

You may as well ask me if I have any Grey Poupon.
    One Life

I'm not a palm-rester.

But it's a good idea, Hans!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

It's not the edge of the bridge, but the corners of the screw slot on the post that gets me.
    --Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    It's not the edge of the bridge, but the corners of the screw slot on the post that gets me.
    That bugs me too but turning the stud a few degrees in either direction usually does the trick without a notable impact on string action.
    One Life

Hanso, what gauge strings are you using? My bridge sits farther back on the studs.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    Hanso, what gauge strings are you using? My bridge sits farther back on the studs.
    I am using 11's on that guitar.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    You may as well ask me if I have any Grey Poupon.
    Bangin'.

Cool tip! Now I just have to get a PRSi without a Trem. Already a requirement for my next purchase.

You may as well ask me if I have any Grey Poop on.
    Not sure what your hygenic habits have to do with this, but...

Now I'm afraid to play because I'm afraid I'm going to have the same experience as wastelessness...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    All of my guitars are for sale. $100 each.
    Two can play that game.
    One Life

Two can play that game.
    True - but after your offer to give away your guitars, who would take that deal?
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    True - but after your offer to give away your guitars, who would take that deal?
    You magnificent bastard.
    One Life

Back to the original topic. This obviously works on unplated aluminum, but what about some of the other materials PRS has used?

Will this work on SE bridges? I don't know what's underneath the nickel plating, could be pretty ugly if it's something with some color to it.

Same goes for 2007 and before bridges, where they are nickel plated aluminum. Wouldn't there be a line apparent where the nickel plating stops and the aluminum begins?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Fair points. I'll mod a nickel-plated bridge and post the results.
    One Life