Thread: Love It When Things Go To Plan

Love It When Things Go To Plan

First off, a public thanks to Jamie for talking me through some things surrounding this...

Last week, I had to have surgery to remove a cyst and some bone from a toe. I didn't want to make any kind of a deal about it here - save the mojo for the people who really need it. As it turns out, I'm not sure how it could have gone any better - the doc described it as "text book" to my wife. The process took about as long as he said, and when I woke up, no pain - which I expected, since my foot was still numb.

What I didn't expect was this - no pain at all. I saw the doc yesterday and told him I wanted to see when he took the bandage off because I wasn't convinced that he'd actually done anything. But the evidence was there - no cyst and several stitches. I'm still wearing a post-surgical shoe to keep it from moving, but I'm off the crutches and walking on it.

So, here's to my foot doc! If I'd known it would go this smoothly, I could have had it done before Experience last year...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Glad to hear it went so smoothly! Hope the recovery continues as such.

Hope the recovery continues to go smoothly

Nice to have such a great result!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Congrats Alan

Glad it went well brother.

No pain? He must not have used his Carcass branded surgical kit. My official Carcass branded bone saw brings the pain!
    Plank Owner

Excellent. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Good news! Glad you're doing well!

Glad to hear it!

Can't wait to see you in thongs. (I mean that exactly how it sounds.)

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Glad to hear it!

Can't wait to see you in thongs. (I mean that exactly how it sounds.)
    Three of them!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Glad it went well brother.

No pain? He must not have used his Carcass branded surgical kit. My official Carcass branded bone saw brings the pain!
    Can you believe he wouldn't show me the bone after? Do I really have to drag my CDs in to show him I was serious?
    Alan

Stitches out, all is well - he even told me to stay off the stationary bike and not to shovel snow for a little while longer.

Hope I don't get fat...

Feels a little weird and occasionally sore to put weight on it again, but it couldn't have gone any better unless there was a Private Stock at the end.
    Alan

awesome news, Alan! I too had a great conversation with Jamie at Experience and he steered me straight as well.
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Stitches out, all is well - he even told me to stay off the stationary bike and not to shovel snow for a little while longer.

Hope I don't get fat...

Feels a little weird and occasionally sore to put weight on it again, but it couldn't have gone any better unless there was a Private Stock at the end.
    Are you sure there isn't a little PS wedged in there where the bones were goobered just to keep things straight??
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Are you sure there isn't a little PS wedged in there where the bones were goobered just to keep things straight??
    Unfortunately, I am - he showed me the X-rays. Maybe I'll see if he can touch them up...
    Alan

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Congrats on the smooth procedure Alan, that's great news!!!