Thread: Rotary to 5 way

Rotary to 5 way

I found a delicious used Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst but it has the rotary switch. Ive spent some time with the rotary switch and it just doesnt feel right to me. I was wondering if anyone has made the switch from rotary to 5 way. If its possible/cost effective? Thanks guys

you can pretty easily go from the 5way rotary to a 3 way toggle and coil tap..
    ZebraPRS
    Guitars: 1989 PRS Custom; 1995 PRS Custom (24); 20?? PRS Custom 24 Custom Zebra Stripes, 2009 25th McCarty NF, 2014 Brushstroke 24, 2013 PRS HBII,
    Amps: PRS Original Sewell 50 watt #43 with Paisley 2x12 cab; PRS Pre-Prod 2 Channel C with 2x12 DB Cabinet, PRS Custom 10 watt head

It can be done, but you'd have to fill in and sand smooth the hole/indent where the tone pot is now before cutting for and installing the 5 way switch. Fine if you want a solid color, but it would destroy a burst finish.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana