Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Beer, man!

Hey Shawn! It's getting close to Experience. I'll be there on Sig Club night with the Shiner Bock. We'll only need 3 other "friends" though. My son is joining us. I'll srop a line on Tues.

Quote Originally Posted by mad monk View Post
    Hey Shawn! It's getting close to Experience. I'll be there on Sig Club night with the Shiner Bock. We'll only need 3 other "friends" though. My son is joining us. I'll srop a line on Tues.
    A man with beer makes many friends

Quote Originally Posted by mad monk View Post
    Thanks Mad Monk, that is very kind of you. It would be a pleasure to have a beer with you!

Gotta do a plug for my local backyard brew........great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    Gotta do a plug for my local backyard brew........great stuff!

May have to give that a try, I've seen the "Shine On" in stores before.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    May have to give that a try, I've seen the "Shine On" in stores before.
    Yeah, Shine On isn't bad. It's sort of a robust, but yet a bit lighter than their average beers. I'm not sure where you're at in WI, but I think the distribution is pretty widespread throughout the state these days. If you like ales, Happy Heron is one of the best out there. Their Mudpuppy Porter is very good for a porter, too. But, if you ever see any Bourbon Barrel Stout, be sure to grab some. The guys that brew this stuff are pretty good friends, so I guess I feel a bit partial to their beers.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    My local grocery store just started carrying Blue Moon. Happy Happy Joy Joy...
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

i'm not a big beer drinker and dont care for strong beer--BUT i like tomato juice and a buddy gave me one of these and the hook was set--
    2008 Fender Custom Strat
    2011 PRS SAS- NF
    2012 PRS artist Package Studio

I have been really enjoying Saranac beer lately. Specifically:

- Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

well, I like quite a few ones: Samuel Adams, Grolsch, Duvel, Leffe, Affligenn are the ones that comes to my mind. Stella Artois and HEineken are easy to find and I like those very much. Unfortunately, most of the US beers are not available here in Brazil. You can find Budweiser, but I don't like it. A refreshing beer that Shawn introduced to me, and I really like in a hot sunny day (Exprience, here I go) is the Nati Bo. I hope I can try new beers on my trip to Experience and enjoy the ones I already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I like what I'm seeing with Ale Asylum! Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll be sure to check them out.

As for Maryland brews, I'd recommend the following:
    Flying Dog http://flyingdogales.com/
    Evolution http://www.evolutioncraftbrewing.com/
    16 Mile http://16milebrewery.com/
    Dogfish Head (technically located in Delaware, but located on the same peninsula as us) http://www.dogfish.com/
    Fordham (from the Ramshead Tavern where Paul started building guitars) http://fordhambrewing.com/wp-content...brewing.com%2F
    ok, I got it, now I need to find them

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    Dos Equis (XX) Amber is a long standing favorite. Throughout the years - even as Colorado seemed to have a micro-brew on every corner in the mid-90's - that one beer has remained a staple. When it is fresh and cold, it's pretty hard to beat.

There are times lately, I'll admit, where I'll return a 6-pack of Dos Equis. Not sure if those guys keep their beer cool enough but a lot of it seems to go sour these days. That has had me searching for something new.

While I used to enjoy a cool (not cold) Guiness, Grolsch, Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, a Murphy's Irish Stout, or a Boddington's Bitter, I am starting to lean away from beer that is skunky, bitter, or too hoppy. I just want a well balanced amber or hefeweizen. Blue Moon (with an orange) is a good summer beer for me but I don't generally care for fruity beer either. And Pilsner's? No thanks.

I just want a beer that is richly flavored when cold and balanced enough that the last warm swig from the bottle (or pint glass) isn't hard to choke down.

Right now, Yuengling is consistently the best beer I've ever had. The problem? I can't buy it in Colorado.

Yuengling...I love this one, but I can't ask for it, since it's too complicated for me. Hey Hans, I pay and you order, is that a deal?

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    Yuengling...I love this one, but I can't ask for it, since it's too complicated for me. Hey Hans, I pay and you order, is that a deal?
    DEAL!!!
    One Life

My favorite domestic (for me it's domestic...LOL) beer

Bohemia Confraria por aduayer, no Flickr

I'm not sure which beers will be available, but Maryland brewer Flying Dog will be the beer vendor at this year's Experience!

http://flyingdogales.com/

I'm not sure which beers will be available, but Maryland brewer Flying Dog will be the beer vendor at this year's Experience!

http://flyingdogales.com/
    I am loving this Experience already

you are kidding, right? or those are Brazilian Rosewood Beer with Phase IV caps?

I've been drinking this the past few weeks. It's a nice winter beer. Not super hoppy, not over the top "seasony"...kind of a nice, seems to go with everything beer.
    http://www.capital-brewery.com/OurBeers/WinterSkal.aspx

That has a great color Vaughn. Too bad they don't sell it anywhere near here, I'd like to give it a whirl.