Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 211

Thread: Let's talk about Beer, man!

  1. #101
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,440
    As recommended by James, PRS webmaster and connoisseur of all things cool.

    Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewery KCMO


  2. #102
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,772
    I wish they sold the PRS Pint Glasses in the store - mine from Experience gets HEAVY use and is starting to fade. For some reason beverages just taste better out of that cup than others....
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  3. #103
    Senior Member andy474x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I wish they sold the PRS Pint Glasses in the store - mine from Experience gets HEAVY use and is starting to fade. For some reason beverages just taste better out of that cup than others....
    +1 to that, I could see a set in my cupboard if they were made available! And Shawn, that Farmhouse Ale looks pretty dang good. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

    SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

  4. #104
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    +1 to that, I could see a set in my cupboard if they were made available! And Shawn, that Farmhouse Ale looks pretty dang good. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    I propose a set of pint glasses for sale in the store - one to mark each pinnacle of PRS (Collection Series, Private Stock, PRS Acoustics, PRS US, PRS CAD (US Amps) and PRS SE).

    Similar in design style and priced at $50 a set. Done. Ill take 2.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  5. #105
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,440
    When it's raining at the beach.



    I know it has received a lot of positive attention, but I'm not the biggest Lager fan. Still, Session is pretty tasty

  6. #106
    Administrator james's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    366
    Shawn, how did you like that farmhouse ale?

  7. #107
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    1,437
    I have been drinking this, unless Trader Joe's runs out of it, which happens.



    It's a fantastic beer. Everything I want in a good IPA for $5.99.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

  8. #108
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Shawn, how did you like that farmhouse ale?
    The Farmhouse ale is amazing, I really enjoy it!

  9. #109
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I have been drinking this, unless Trader Joe's runs out of it, which happens.



    It's a fantastic beer. Everything I want in a good IPA for $5.99.
    I don't have a TJ's near my house, but I will definitely check this out next time I'm able to.

  10. #110
    Junior Member gear_freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    87
    If you like IPAs, this one is pretty good. I just tried it for the first time last night. Tasty!!


  11. #111
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,440
    Boulevard makes some really great beer. I'm enjoying their wheat beer as well as the Farmhouse Ale and their Sixth Glass.


  12. #112
    I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    288
    Mmm..... I loves me some Leffe!


    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Having fun with a Belgian Blonde


  13. #113
    I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    288
    Myke Wright should be sainted for bringing these over for Namm '12. They were fabulous!!


  14. #114
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,186
    Oktoberfest is hitting the shelves. My favorite beer of the year. I like Capital Brewery, a local here. Also like Leinenkugel's, which was local but I think partially bought out.

    Anyone have suggestion for Maryland micros to try for Exp?

  15. #115
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,186
    I like pretty much every Ale Asylum concoction -if you're ever in Madison give it a shot. http://aleasylum.com/aboutus-info/brewerybeers/
    Hopalicious is my fave when it's hot out, Ambergeddon just about any other time.
    Last edited by vchizzle; 08-26-2012 at 11:47 PM.

  16. #116
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Oktoberfest is hitting the shelves. My favorite beer of the year. I like Capital Brewery, a local here. Also like Leinenkugel's, which was local but I think partially bought out.

    Anyone have suggestion for Maryland micros to try for Exp?
    I like what I'm seeing with Ale Asylum! Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll be sure to check them out.

    As for Maryland brews, I'd recommend the following:
    Flying Dog http://flyingdogales.com/
    Evolution http://www.evolutioncraftbrewing.com/
    16 Mile http://16milebrewery.com/
    Dogfish Head (technically located in Delaware, but located on the same peninsula as us) http://www.dogfish.com/
    Fordham (from the Ramshead Tavern where Paul started building guitars) http://fordhambrewing.com/wp-content...brewing.com%2F

  17. #117
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,186
    Give me a call if you're coming this way ever, they're very close to where I live. I'll meet ya for one. I'll check out the Flying dog for sure, I've seen it in stores here & maybe some of the others I can try in a couple weeks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I like what I'm seeing with Ale Asylum! Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll be sure to check them out.

    As for Maryland brews, I'd recommend the following:
    Flying Dog http://flyingdogales.com/
    Evolution http://www.evolutioncraftbrewing.com/
    16 Mile http://16milebrewery.com/
    Dogfish Head (technically located in Delaware, but located on the same peninsula as us) http://www.dogfish.com/
    Fordham (from the Ramshead Tavern where Paul started building guitars) http://fordhambrewing.com/wp-content...brewing.com%2F

  18. #118
    deus ex machina
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Fordham (from the Ramshead Tavern where Paul started building guitars) http://fordhambrewing.com/wp-content...brewing.com%2F
    Do you know if Fordham Copperhead Ale will be on tap at Experience this year?

  19. #119
    I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I like what I'm seeing with Ale Asylum! Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll be sure to check them out.

    As for Maryland brews, I'd recommend the following:
    Dogfish Head (technically located in Delaware, but located on the same peninsula as us) http://www.dogfish.com/
    Last year when I realized that Dogfish Head was over there in Delaware, I was thinking about making a quick jaunt there over the Experience weekend. Then I realized how long a drive it was, and that I'd be drawn towards their 11%-15% brews and it didn't seem like such a good idea... I'd still love to go. Their World Wide Stout rocks my world!

  20. #120
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,440
    Dogfish makes some great beers and Sam Calagione, the founder, has done a lot to inspire other microbrewers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •