Thread: choosing between 2 PRS guitars

choosing between 2 PRS guitars

good evening

im new member

going to buy a new guitar (finally)

i always wanted a les paul shape guitar so i thought im going to buy a epiphone les paul but then i remembered that there is a shop that sells a prs guitars so i thought i will go and try them they are now out of stock and only have the santana model so i tried that one and it was heaven

im going to order online
    1-SE Bernie Marsden Signature

2- 245 Soapbar P90

i like the second one finish but i dont know how the "soap bar" pickups will sound

playing style classic rock and blues

thanks

Can't go wrong with either guitar. The Bernie is fabulous (think 59 LP without one tone pot). The Soapy will have that P90 growl people love them for, but you need to know that P90's are single coils and can have the hum. Some folks are bugged by it, others no so much. If you're not used to P90's I'd say stick with the Bernie. I really like my Bernie (but then again I love my Soapy too).
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

The 245 soapy is a core line guitar ( USA Maryland ) I would go that way
    P-90 are great pickups
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Get BOTH!! There! Someone had to say it!

If you haven't played either guitar, you should. The p90 sound, in my opinion, should be in everyone's tone arsenal. They are fabulous. They sound fuller than your average strat single coil, and their hum adds to their period allure. That said, you can purchase and install humcancelling versions of p90s that are either stacked coil or dual coil. Check out Lindy Fralin or Dimarzio. The stock p90s, however, are amazing, and I personally wouldn't change them. That Marsden will have a broader, different sound altogether. Safe side is you should get both. Agreed with MOBirds.
    PRS PS #4616…"The Burl-Headed Beast" * SE Santana * SE Soapbar II
    Tyler Studio HD Elite Burning Water Custom
    Mesa Boogie Mark V * Fishman Loudbox…bunch of other $hit.
    ​Ab Obice Saevior… Stronger When Opposed

Quote Originally Posted by AP515 View Post
    Can't go wrong with either guitar. The Bernie is fabulous (think 59 LP without one tone pot). The Soapy will have that P90 growl people love them for, but you need to know that P90's are single coils and can have the hum. Some folks are bugged by it, others no so much. If you're not used to P90's I'd say stick with the Bernie. I really like my Bernie (but then again I love my Soapy too).
    thanks man

im not used to a p90s

this is my first update i have a yamaha eg 112 i dont know what pickups it has

some pepole says P90 bright and fat sounding i think im ok with single coils since the other guitar im getting aside from the prs comes with seymour duncan humbuckers

Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    The 245 soapy is a core line guitar ( USA Maryland ) I would go that way
    P-90 are great pickups
    thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by MOBirds View Post
    Get BOTH!! There! Someone had to say it!

i wish i can do that man

but half of my budget went to another guitar and the other half is going to PRS

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDoc View Post
    If you haven't played either guitar, you should. The p90 sound, in my opinion, should be in everyone's tone arsenal. They are fabulous. They sound fuller than your average strat single coil, and their hum adds to their period allure. That said, you can purchase and install humcancelling versions of p90s that are either stacked coil or dual coil. Check out Lindy Fralin or Dimarzio. The stock p90s, however, are amazing, and I personally wouldn't change them. That Marsden will have a broader, different sound altogether. Safe side is you should get both. Agreed with MOBirds.
    unfortunately the guitars are not available here so i have to buy them online

here everybody talks about the p90 so im going to do my researches and i think im going with 245 Soapbar

I love both of those guitars. I am a P90 freak! I absolutely love the P90 tone...If I could get one I would definitley get the soapy, but you can't go wrong with the Bernie either....decisions, decisions.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

A lot of classic rock songs were recorded with p90s. Led West used only p90s for a while. To my Iommi recorded with p90s. You can't go wrong with p90s.

P-90s are great pickups, articulate in the bottom end, crisp and bright, and with the volume lowered, they can be dialed in to have a really nice warmer vibe.

The only caveat is that single coil pickups are susceptible to stray EMI/RFI hum, and because they are very loud pickups, the hum can also be loud. The solution forever has been to simply turn in place until you find the spot where the hum stops. P-90 enthusiasts (I am one, too) just do this as a matter of course.

But as someone else noted, they do make hum-canceling P-90s if this bothers you.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

P-90's rule! Plus, the Core line Singlecuts are classy beasts indeed. If the hum does bother you, you've got a myriad of replacement pickup options you can throw in at any time.
    Guitarist for Aussie rock band Ragdoll www.facebook.com/ragdollrock

PRS Family ; Blue Custom 24, Emerald Green Custom 24, Sunburst McCarty , Black Mira.

thanks every one

so im going with p90s

any way you cant go wrong with PRS right