Thread: Tremonti pickup swap

Tremonti pickup swap

Anyone replaced the pickups for the \m/ ??
    Have seen neck pickup swaps but not read anything about bridge pickup swaps.

Thanks

"Duck, or you're gonna be talkin' out yo ass!"

I'm curious too.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

I havent replaced them, but I have sets of both. I like the \m/'s better and also like that they are 4 wire so they will work on any PRS control configuration. The metals for me are a little more articulate, like the characteristic you enjoy from a bareknuckle pickup when the notes still stand out clear through thick, gainy chords and the Tremontis are like your typical Duncan/DiMarzio hot bucker. The metals also split beautifully....

Here are 2 videos of Brandon and Len playing my CU24 after the install......

BONUS FACT - this is an Archon prototype they are using and you all heard it about a year before the amps release! :P

Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

I'm quite tempted to make the swap...think no2 might be going under the knife some time soon

"Duck, or you're gonna be talkin' out yo ass!"