Thread: Upgrades to Mike Mushok Baritone

Upgrades to Mike Mushok Baritone

Just made some upgrades to the MM baritone I recently acquired...

Bare Knuckle Aftermath Humbuckers (Calibrated set)
    Full Rewire (new wire)
    CTS pots
    Switchcraft Jack
    Schaller Megaswitch (for coil splitting)
    Gotoh Tuners (as were a direct fit)

As you can see it looks pretty much stock (which I like)

Has anyone done anything else interesting to their baritone? ...Was thinking about really go to town and fitting an Evertune bridge (next time I get bored).

"Duck, or you're gonna be talkin' out yo ass!"

I like the mods, good choices. Not sure about the Evertune, I just find them pretty fugly looking. Big, blocky and meh - just my opinion though.

Thanks... had a look at it today and am inclined to agree...FUGLY!
    I have to say the BKP's sound killer!!

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    I like the mods, good choices. Not sure about the Evertune, I just find them pretty fugly looking. Big, blocky and meh - just my opinion though.

"Duck, or you're gonna be talkin' out yo ass!"

I did a similar thing. Mine was used and had Planet Waves locking tuners and Duncan Blackouts installed, and the tone pot had been replaced with a 3 way switch (the blade was not hooked up). I basically gutted it and sold the blackouts, installed a superswitch for coil splitting like yours, CTS volume and tone pots, and new pickups. I tried at least five or six pickups in the bridge spot trying to find the right mix of rock and roll power without over the top metal aggressiveness, finally found it with a Suhr SSV+. Neck pickup in a Fralin 8K humbucker. I also have the 2.2K resistors on the coil splits.

I just picked up a Lowery which I had intended to replace the Mushok since I've had it around 5 years and had been looking to upgrade. However, I might keep both. They're different animals for sure. I was on a long drive yesterday and had the thought, what if I filled in the bridge pickup hole, routed for and installed a tele bridge on the Mushok? The one tone I have been unsuccessfully chasing with it is a twangy spaghetti western baritone tone.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I think the best upgrade to a Mushok would be to run it through an Archon
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C