Thread: Bought a Mikael Akerfeldt signature and Line 6 Spyder IV 15 (Some questions)

Bought a Mikael Akerfeldt signature and Line 6 Spyder IV 15 (Some questions)

Hey guys finally attained a PRS guitar , I tried many Custom 24's at store but Mikael Akerfeldt signature was the closest one to American made ones and even it was my last option to buy when I hadn't gone to store , also I bought a Line 6 Spyder IV 15w amp , it's amazing and I get every feedback I do on guitar thats good.

Everything is great until the issues concerns my mind.First of all I'm so noob to the amp's FX options etc.
    My issue on amp is , when I switch to "metal" or any distorted modes and turning on the drive knob , its great distorttion feedback buuut the problem is when I turn off the drive knob also distortion sound goes clean , i have to push crunch/metal or insane switch to get distortion sound , thats totally sucks and I couldnt figure out how to solve this problem...

The other one is about the pickups , sometimes pickups doesnt work I mean I cant get any sound after I switch pickups (mostly after switching neck pickup) , I found I have to do something with channel vol. knob to get sound.I havent figured out which one is the problem , guitar or amp ??? How can I know this ? I made a video but havent uploaded it I could show you guys if you want me more specific about it...

Anyway I'll go to the music shop next month because the guy told me to come and they'll make the maintenance for the guitar and they'll change the strings etc...I'll tell every single problem I have now of course.

Lastly probably this is so amateur question but my low E string makes the buzz , its not clean , I dont hear it until I shut down the amp but its annoying , Its tuned in standard tuning but making buzz is annoying how can I fix it

Thanks

Hey. Congrats on the purchases. It sounds like a trip back to the store is the first option. Have them take care of everything for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Hey. Congrats on the purchases. It sounds like a trip back to the store is the first option. Have them take care of everything for you!
    Yea I will but its a 1 month process and I dont want to get bugged with that , I will definetly try out the distortion-clean issue at store when I get there and the pickup issue of course.