Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bummer, no Zach come in

Bummer, no Zach come in

My dealer called me, someone goofed.
    He got his shipment in today, and no ZM in the batch.
    He was told it would be in this batch.
    Next batch of guitars he has coming in is mid March, as he was told the factory is out of ZMs for now.
    So if one ships to him mid March, I will get it near the end of March or April.

Was really looking forward to picking this up tomorrow.
    Fast shipping this time, they just sent out the batch to him last Friday, and he got them today.

I am n o stranger though to having to wait, some of you may remember the trouble I had getting my 2012 SE Tremonti Custom a few falls back.

I feel for you. You had big time problems getting your tremolti but it was worth it the end. I ordered a hughes and kettner grandmeister 36 today and have to wait until the end of March or middle of April . Waiting sucks lol

Maybe contact your dealer again or quite possibly look for another dealer. Personally I would if you want it that bad .
    2013 PRS DGT..
    2012 Ibanez RG 870 premuim
    2014 Prs se Clint Lowrey
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Aww man, that just sucks!!

Dang I hate tablets, especially Amazon Kindles.
    I had a big response typed up, and it closed on me.
    Back on my PC now.

Nooooo, I will wait it out, also have $300.00 down on it to secure the order.
    I know I could get it quicker though via Sweetwater, as they are a much bigger outfit and keep huge inventory on hand.
    I like my dealer as he is 12 miles from me, and only a few from my work.
    Plus two full time techs on duty, and every guitar that leaves there gets a full factory style setup for free.
    Also a second setup when you want another one done down the road.
    No guitar leaves their shop without a full setup.

Now if by chance shipping sends out my ZM to another state like my first Tremonti, I will then cancel the order, and look for another type of guitar, or maybe not even buy one at all.
    Yes, that was quite the ordeal getting that guitar, took three tries.

I went through the exact same thing except with 2 online places. I even paid for one at Fret:12 that listed them as in stock, only to find out it would be 2 weeks (which I agreed to) then they called me back again to say it would be closer to 2 months as PRS was out of their first shipment ...Luckily I stumbled upon this forum and Guitar Mav who had one left. Hopefully the next shipment will have plenty to go around.

I'm bummed for ya too. Been watching all the ZM's arrive and having vicarious NGD's. Hopefully something works out. Good luck.

Thanks, hopefully not too long of a wait.
    He has a total of three on order for now, so if by chance all three come in at once, I will have him pick out the best one for me before they do surgury on it.
    Just getting the Gotoh Kluson Vintage locking tuners put on it.

Ugh man, that bites.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

That sucks! I already have mine down... waiting for nut upgrade ... but i got to wait until May to bring it home

Talked with the shop owner, they have the Tone Pro studs in stock, so I am going to have them install those too.
    Now for the bridge, leave it stock, or get some sort of a wrap around bridge with the adjustable things on it so they can intonate it better?

I read a review on line somewhere about the Tone Pro SE adjustable wrap around bridge that is mentioned in some thread here, and there were a lot of negative comments such as the things breaking that the strings ride on.
    I forget the name of the bridge, but I think it starts with A, and ends in the number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    I forget the name of the bridge, but I think it starts with A, and ends in the number 2.
    The AVT-II

I've had them on two different PRSs for many years with no issues. I'm sure a lot has to do with playing style/aggressiveness, string gauge, and tuning though. But 9-46's and standard/drop D and no complaints over here!

I'm no stranger to the wait either. Keep reminding yourself it will be worth it in the end. Best of luck!
    '12 SCTME -- '10 Navarro -- '10 Mira -- '07 STD22 -- '?? 305 (On the way...?? :-/....)

AVT-II, that was it, thanks.
    Will see if my dealer stocks that too, and I am sure he does.
    They are pretty well equipped there.

Yes, in the meantime I can keep practicing that Sounds Of Madness opening riff before the guitar gets here

Did some more checking, and the part number is AVT-M2 for the metric PRS one for SEs.
    http://www.wdmusic.com/tonepros_wrap...e_for_prs.html

Sent another email off to my dealer to see if he has the whole kit in.

Now the stock bridge on the ZM is not adjustable like this one right?
    I am only familiar with the one that is on my son's Semi-Hollow SE, and I do not think there are adjusting saddles on it.

I thought the bridge on the ZM fully adjustable?
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Corey the stock bridge has adjustable saddles and it is very nice. You should not have to upgrade it.
    I like surprises!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Thanks guy's, so just get the studs then?
    Get metric post to match stock studs. that way there is no need to remove stock studs. It is what I did on my upgrade to ghost bridge.
    I like surprises!!!

Still a little confused here.
    Andy says to get the studs too to lock the bridge down so it does not fall off during string changing.
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post131896

I though I only need the Tone Pro posts.
    Does one need both the Tone Pros studs and posts to prevent the bridge from falling off, or will the Tone Pros posts be enough?

Gotta narrow this down since the shop will be doing the work once my ZM lands.

Sorry... I meant just the posts. I believe they fit inside the existing SE studs/inserts, if you get the metric posts that is.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab