Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PTC Prowess

Amazing work. Just amazing. PTC rules. Compare that to: I sent an acoustic back to Gibson for a warranty repair and they said they didn't know how to remove the bridge without destroying the guitar.

The work is great Shawn ... But ... Wouldn't it have been easier, stornger, faster, sturdier ... and less expensive to just replace the whole neck and fretboard?
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

DGT Club Vice President
    I like the love that the 513 has seen...look at the wear on the bridge! LOVE IT! Nice save gang!

mgd

DGTs

PTC = PRS' Special Ops

Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    PTC = PRS' Special Ops

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by wilerty View Post
    The work is great Shawn ... But ... Wouldn't it have been easier, stornger, faster, sturdier ... and less expensive to just replace the whole neck and fretboard?
    Easier and faster perhaps, but Scott reinforced the neck so it's probably stronger than new.

Also, when we started this up, Paul made it clear that we didn't sell replacement necks or bodies, so if we can't repair it, it would need to be scrapped. BTW- we have never seen a guitar we could not repair. Maybe that day will come, but the PTC guys are some of the best in the world and it would have to be something really astonishing if it's going to defeat them.

whoa....
    Not like the other kids...

Great to know we can obliterate our guitars and you'll always be able to put them back together again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Also, when we started this up, Paul made it clear that we didn't sell replacement necks or bodies,
    Do you know what his reasoning was behind that stance? It seems like there would be a lot of interest around neck upgrades/replacements.
    Just curious.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

I am still in shock with this repair. Even knowing it is reinforced I don't think I coud dare to adjust the truss rod again if it was mine.
    '96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster

SA-LUTE! That is unreal.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Do you know what his reasoning was behind that stance? It seems like there would be a lot of interest around neck upgrades/replacements.
    Just curious.
    We are first and foremost a guitar and amp manufacturer, we don't want to become a seller of wholesale parts/pieces. Others have filled that niche in the marketplace nicely.

I feel like Scott was sent away years ago to some mountain in eastern Asia to train on the ancient arts of instrument ninja-ry - much like Bruce Wayne did.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I feel like Scott was sent away years ago to some mountain in eastern Asia to train on the ancient arts of instrument ninja-ry - much like Bruce Wayne did.
    yeah, but since Scott didn't have to fight crime, he became the Ultimate Master and learned the art of bringing back to life dead things. From guitars to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    we have never seen a guitar we could not repair. Maybe that day will come, but the PTC guys are some of the best in the world and it would have to be something really astonishing if it's going to defeat them.
    I think the PTC is amazing. I do have a memory of one that you could not fix though. This was before the PTC opened, but I know of a guy who sent his Cu24 to you and you had to tell him you could not fix it. It was in a house fire and though it was not burned, the case had water damage and you said the guitar had dried out in the heat so much that it was not rocoverable. This was about 2008 I think.
    Last edited by AP515; 11-21-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by AP515 View Post
    This was before the PTC opened, but I know of a guy who sent his Cu24 to you and you had to tell him you could not fix it. It was in a house fire and though it was not burned you said it had dried out in the heat so much that it was not rocoverable. This was about 2008 I think.
    If I recall correctly, the heat caused the top to split and it couldn't be fixed to our standards. It would have been fine if we painted it an opaque color, but the centerline would always show signs of seperation if the color was left translucent.
    Last edited by Shawn@PRS; 11-21-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post

that's what I am talking about

Wow....

This work is amazing guys

Feast like a sultan, I do QueenCityGuitars's Avatar
    Impressive...most impressive!