Thread: PRS guitars with wear

PRS guitars with wear

Who has playing wear on the PRS? we've seen the sunken finishes. how about play wear.

My PRS Santana Brazilian has some arm wear. I used to play a lot sitting at the computer desk and would always knock the corner of the guitar into the desk. it started as a just being white. as i play and sweat on the guitar, it chips off very nicely. it's started out being very uncomfortable. then it gradually smoothed out.

Re: PRS guitars with wear

Frankie to the white courtesy phone....
    One Life

yea...casper is the norm for PRSi with wear. what about the rest of you? I'll take pictures later to post but its really hard to see since its mostly just clear missing.

Ummm..I've put some serious and not so serious love marks into some of them and then sent em in to the PTC(A couple have been in more than once)...and wouldn't ya know...it's like a NGD all over again! so I'm no help...One of my ce's is well loved but doesn't show in pictures well at all...

as already stated the Holy Grail of reliced PRSi is Casper....somebody had a killer blue one with some serious gouging and pick wear going on...trying to remember who it belonged to...Brent's got the cobbled together monster he runs around with in the woods...Todd has the Traveling GoldTop

Would love to see some good examples of these and others...although I'm pretty sure I've saved images over the years of the ones I mentioned...
    -Bob

I've got rusted stoptail studs, gouged pole screws and tarnished pickup covers on my ME1, plus a few little dings and scuffs. I'll have to get some pics done sometime.

Other than that mine are in good shape, except for a massive ding in my blue PS Signature done at its first gig...

'89 CE alder. Bought new in '90. Heavily gigged during my cover-band days. And have done some experiments with playing with a coin and other objects. But the main wear is from playing HARD. I have almost worn out the original neck pup ring (seriously). Originally came with VB and Chainsaw pickups, and countless pup swaps later it turned out that 59/09s are the perfect fit.

I apologize for my photography skills.

Here with Duncan Phat Cat and Custom Custom:

Buckle rash:

Wore off most of the neck finish. Used steel wool to smooth it:

With 59/09s. Treble side wear is about 1 mm into the wood, maybe a tad more:

Sunburst 245 '09 | Mira '07 (Starla pups) | SC Satin Trem '06 (Tremonti Treble and Fralin PAF) | Tremonti I '03 (#7 Bass and Tremonti Treble) | McSoapy '03 | Studio '90 | CE 24 (alder) '89 (59/09s) | SE One | SE Mike Mushok baritone (Starla pups)

Bjorn, original frets?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn M
    '89 CE alder.

Yep...this is the one I was talking about....sweet!
    -Bob

that is sweet!

I have an '88 Electric that I call "Chip" for a reason. Beat to hell. Pick wear, finish off the back of the neck (and it's has a bit of a green patina), the body's edges are all chipped up, etc...

But she ooozes mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldwyn
    I have an '88 Electric that I call "Chip" for a reason. Beat to hell. Pick wear, finish off the back of the neck (and it's has a bit of a green patina), the body's edges are all chipped up, etc...

But she ooozes mojo.
    Pics or it's an Epiphone....
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by AP515
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldwyn

But she ooozes mojo.
    Careful what you ask for with Aldy. Especially photos.
    One Life

little chips/dots in clear coat

My Black McStandard has some nice chips too.
    I should take some headstock shots some time.

Where is 11Top :?:
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by AP515

Careful what you ask for with Aldy. Especially photos.
    Ok, that's some funny stuff right there!

Gotta remember that "pics, or it's an Epiphone... good one!

And Hans, for your information, I only have 1 picture of me currently, where I am naked with a guitar (the infamous Tele picture... Ratchet owns the Tele now! I cleaned it before sale, of course... or did I?? heh!). But of course, I could take more... Requests?

Anyway, I do have a couple of pictures of "Chip" though taken back in 2005 before I had any decent photo gear.... I need to get more/better shots of Chip.

But here are two.. they dont do her justice, but you can see some of the damage on the edges, and the finish coming off the neck.

Anyway, here's Chip... SN 514.

Here's my 2006 CU24 I picked up in December from a local pawn shop, All wear was there when I got her. She plyas perfectly, sounds heavenly and the one piece top is superb. Lots of mojo.

Badass!!!!

PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

Quote Originally Posted by markie
    Where is 11Top :?:
    Ha! 8-)