Thread: The PRS S2 Custom 22 Video From PRS

The PRS S2 Custom 22 Video From PRS

Another one into my inbox today from Rex.

The PRS S2 Custom 22

Like the S2 Single Cut video I posted the other day, both vids needs some dirty overdriven sounds too.
    These are rock guitars, and they need to be played full bore.

Interesting. There has been some talk lately about specs being different from what is on the official product pages. In this case, the guy says the guitar has S2 HFS and VB pickups, but the product page says S2 #7 pickups.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Interesting. There has been some talk lately about specs being different from what is on the official product pages. In this case, the guy says the guitar has S2 HFS and VB pickups, but the product page says S2 #7 pickups.
    I would say the Rett is wrong. I have never seen HFS/VINTAGE pups covered in either USA or SE versions. I really miss Jay Hayes demos. Personally never cared for Rett`s demos as the tone is always weird and IMO just does not demo them very well. Jay always did nice demos.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2014 S2 Singlecut Antique White with PRS \m/ pickups!

oh BTW the S2 Custom 24s have the HFS/VINTAGE the 22s number 7s.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2014 S2 Singlecut Antique White with PRS \m/ pickups!

S2 Custom 22... why u no come with stoptail... :'(
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

who made the decision to let this guy do demos? This one sounds the same as the S2 SC- bad.

Junior Member Chitarrista scarso's Avatar
    Mmm... all the S2 line has "S2" pickups; most probably they are made by G&B factory in Korea.

I was under the impression that S2 single and Custom 22 had #7s

Quote Originally Posted by prscat33511 View Post
    I was under the impression that S2 single and Custom 22 had #7s
    They do, the S2 versions of the #7's. Which are outsourced for production, but I don't remember ever hearing specifically who makes them or where.

Anyone know if it is in fact G&B making the S2 pickups? I would think it would be somewhere a little more high-end, but then again G&B did a pretty good job with the SE245 pickups, maybe they have the ability to make some higher quality pickups.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

Someone posted pics of the internals of a S2 Mira and the pickups had the G&B logo. I don't know why they get a bad rap, they're actually pretty good. IMHO they're on the level with Duncan and Dimarzio.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Someone posted pics of the internals of a S2 Mira and the pickups had the G&B logo. I don't know why they get a bad rap, they're actually pretty good. IMHO they're on the level with Duncan and Dimarzio.
    I've replaced the pickups in 2 of my SE's with Dimarzio's, and I agree. In my old SE Custom 22, and there was a small difference, but not much. Then in my SE Custom 24, I liked the SE HFS, but didn't care for the SE Vintage Bass at all, but I think that was no fault of G&B, it was made to spec, just wasn't MY thing. I switched out to another set of Dimarzio's, and it was a significant upgrade for me, but only because the VB wasn't my flavor, USA or SE. Then the SE 245 pickups came along, and I never had a complaint about those. Really liked the neck pickup, great balance and much clearer.

But anyways, looking forward to trying these #7's, or at least hearing some new demos online. The NAMM videos and official PRS videos of the singlecut and custom S2's didn't impress me at all, but I don't think that's the fault of the pickups.