Thread: SE Custom 24- buzzing interference...Help

SE Custom 24- buzzing interference...Help

Hi all, after nearly a year of trouble free playing, my SE Custom 24 has all of a sudden developed a buzzing interference, its worse when the pups are in tapped / split mode and lessens when I touch the bridge or strings so I assume its a grounding issue, upon inspection of the pot cavity I notice a wire looks to have made a bid for freedom however I cant be sure as I haven't had the cover off before.

can any of you indicate to me if this looks to be the issue (looks like the wire has come off the tone / coil split pot), are there wiring diagrams available for the C24 SE's as I am a dab hand with a soldering iron and have no issues making good if needed?

thanks in advance.

Jon
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

Hi Jon,

Looks like you do have a grounding problem there, that stray wire needs to be soldered back to the pot casing.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Hi Andy thanks for your response, that's what I thought, but before re soldering it I wanted to be sure it goes on to that pot casing, or is it a common ground so makes no difference what pot casing it goes on?
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by Jon van derlim View Post
    Hi Andy thanks for your response, that's what I thought, but before re soldering it I wanted to be sure it goes on to that pot casing, or is it a common ground so makes no difference what pot casing it goes on?
    I can't say for sure without looking first hand, or at least a wider angle shot. But that's ok - just take a look and trace where the other end of that wire goes to. My guess is that the other end will connect to the casing of the other pot, if so, I think loose end in question should go to the pot it's next to in the pic. If you have a soldering iron, give it a shot, worst case scenario it's not the right spot and you disconnect it and try again!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

thats ace,

thanks all for input.

:-)
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

Soldered it over the weekend...all fixed thanks :-)
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Stagg Electro Acoustic