Thread: NGD!

NGD!

Recently purchased this sweet S2 Starla in Vintage Cherry.

All I can say is, "wow", just wow. It's my first PRS. Won't be my last, but will be the first solid body electric I keep!

Photo from Sweetwater...

Photo from home...

I'm very curious about my tuners though... Do they lock in place so the Bigsby doesn't slacken them out of tune, or do they just pinch the strings into the posts?

Second, is this normal?

Congrats! Beatiful and classic looking guitar!!

The tuners lock to prevent string slippage at the tuner level.

Not sure what you are asking for in the other pic?

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Welcome to the dark side, Brother!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitblues View Post
    Recently purchased this sweet S2 Starla in Vintage Cherry.

Second, is this normal?

Need a better photo and description of what you are asking.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

The switch looks normal. When you change strings use a dime to loosen lock downs slip new string through hole retighten with dime not real tight or you could break string welcome beautiful gitar you will be hooked on prs you've been warned .

Awesome looking guitar!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Everyone: click the last photo, it's a video.

I personally can't recall seeing a switch with that much side to side play in it. Does all positions still function properly? Any popping or clicking/crackling noises when you move it side to side like that?

I didn't know it was video I thought you were concerned about the throw.doesnt seem normal but if it functions and doesn't pop I wouldn't worry about it, but I would call sweet water and let them know you have a concern I've dealt with them plenty if times and they stand by there customers.

I don't use anything but my fingers to tighten the locking screws on my tuners and I haven't had one come loose yet. FWIW

The Starla (and Mira, for that matter) seems overlooked by many, but in my recent guitar quest, the Starla I tried was about as good a guitar I can recall ever playing (I didn't dig the Bigsby vibe, but I am coming around on that). Excellent choice, and great color!

That's a video, have to click in the pic. The toggle while it slides up and down fine, it also has a lot of play in the side to side....

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitblues View Post
    That's a video, have to click in the pic. The toggle while it slides up and down fine, it also has a lot of play in the side to side....
    Oh, I see it now. Try posting that video and ask the question in the "PTC - PRS Tech Center" section and see if you get more feedback there.

Sweet guitar man! I love the color.

If it were me I would replace that switch. That's looser then I would be comfortable with. Take it as an opportunity to upgrade the wiring altogether. (Not saying there's anything wrong with them stock)

Yeah. Definitely not normal. Well maybe normal but not proper.
    I gotta say, of the S2s I sure do like the bigsby Starla. Congrats!