Thread: Tell me about alder

Tell me about alder

I have this beat up old CE22 with drag 1 pickups that I just love. It might be the favorite prs that I own which has surprised me. My question is, what would an alder body CE22 sound like with same pickups rotary and trem?

Prolly like heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I have this beat up old CE22 with drag 1 pickups that I just love. It might be the favorite prs that I own which has surprised me. My question is, what would an alder body CE22 sound like with same pickups rotary and trem?
    With CEs, I always liked alder better. There seemed to be more snap, and less lower mid-range. I have no idea about the Dragon Is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    With CEs, I always liked alder better. There seemed to be more snap, and less lower mid-range. I have no idea about the Dragon Is, though.
    Pretty much nailed it IMO. A friend of mine loves the CE's, so I have had a good chance to compare some old and newer CE 24's. The old alder ones seem a little snappier/punchier and have a little less oomph in the low end. Definitely more convincing for the split coil Fendery sounds. As for Dragon1's, I'd imagine they would kill in an alder Ce22. The Dragon1 is one of the best high output pickups ever made.....by any manufacturer.

I normally dont care for high output pickups but i really like the drag 1s. My ce22 is a really nice guitar even if its beat up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I normally dont care for high output pickups but i really like the drag 1s. My ce22 is a really nice guitar even if its beat up a little.
    Nothing wrong with beat up!

+1 I love mint guitars but beat up just screams mojo! Play the finish off it.

My alder ce24 is sharp and snappy, like an angry strat, I have a Tremonti in the bridge with the vintage bass in neck and it's a killer combo.