Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it blasphemy to hang my PRS 10 Top on a wall not in case?

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    You have more PRS guitars than a number of Guitar Centers I know of. hahahaha Kinda like having your own guitar store.
    HAD

Down to 7 electrics and one acoustic...
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

North of the southern border, east of the western sea
    How else can you grab the right guitar when you need it? Fumble through the cases, guessing which one to open?

Nah.

This is much easier.

Be.
    Do.
    Have.

HANG UM

I would never play if mine were in cases I am just to lazy

PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others Knaggs Kenai, LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

I went to a friend's house Saturday for a surprise birthday party. He had a '52 Esquire sitting in a corner, on top of a '52 Deluxe amp. No guitar stand, just sitting on top of the amp, leaning against the wall. My friend doesn't play, the guitar, amp and case were pure decoration. I suggested he might want to put it away during the party. He said, "No, my dad kept it in the case under the bed when he wasn't playing. I think that's a waste." Bottom line, it's your guitar so enjoy it however you like.

Narrowfield P'kup Hoarder HANGAR18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I went to a friend's house Saturday for a surprise birthday party. He had a '52 Esquire sitting in a corner, on top of a '52 Deluxe amp. No guitar stand, just sitting on top of the amp, leaning against the wall. My friend doesn't play, the guitar, amp and case were pure decoration. I suggested he might want to put it away during the party. He said, "No, my dad kept it in the case under the bed when he wasn't playing. I think that's a waste." Bottom line, it's your guitar so enjoy it however you like.

Is that one of those guuitars which is worth a small fortune today?
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

While I agree with many of these hanging theories...Easier access, hanging on the wall, etc... = more playing time, etc...I would ask if anyone that hangs them has ever had to clean the pots out with electrical cleaning spray due to dust or moister getting in??? Thats what adds the "crackle" to the pickups' sound when turning volume and tone knobs when plugged into an amp. Come to think of it, I've spray cleaned many pots, but can't remember ever doing a PRS... wow!!!! Nevermind...

Narrowfield P'kup Hoarder HANGAR18's Avatar
    I use one of those hand held swifer dusters to get the inevitable dust off the guitar that it will collect while hanging on a wall.
    Works good too for getting under the strings around the pickups, bridge and tuning heads.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Quote Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post
    It is if you have a moist basement.
    Then put them someplace a little more special...
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Quote Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post
    It is if you have a moist basement.
    I like moist.

Sh*tter's full

I agree with the notion that we should enjoy our guitars in whatever way we see fit. For me, I keep all but one axe in cases. I always have one ready to go on a stand. For the most part, I rotate though all guitars and enjoy the ritual of getting it out of the case. I also wipe them down and return them to the case promptly afterwards. I just hate the idea of the guitars collecting dust in their many crevices while they are hanging there. Plus, no one really gives a damn about seeing my guitars on display.
    "When I'm in my head I'm in a bad Neighborhood!"

Hang'em!

Some seriously nice rooms in this thread!

I also hang mine. But they're not exactly PS or core line PRS.... However if I had one, I would hang it. I just love to enter in my house and see them. Living on a tropical weather country also helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill SAS 513 View Post
    While I agree with many of these hanging theories...Easier access, hanging on the wall, etc... = more playing time, etc...I would ask if anyone that hangs them has ever had to clean the pots out with electrical cleaning spray due to dust or moister getting in???
    It's not so much moisture, as dust and the normal things in a house environment that get vented through the heating and cooling systems, like cooking greases, etc. I've definitely had to clean the pots on guitars, as I used to keep mine out on stands a number of years ago.

The moisture problems come because wood quickly absorbs and loses moisture, causing swelling/contraction. PRSes are pretty stable, but I like to minimize that. These issues are made worse with forced air heat in the winter.

Cases do act as buffers.

I've never felt that opening a guitar case was a very big deal, or enough of a pain to prevent me from playing guitar. As for sorting through cases to find a guitar...I only have a few guitars, so it wouldn't be an issue anyway, but I do identify them with luggage tags that are easy to see.

Storage displays like 11Top's are the best of all worlds, since you can see the guitars, and at the same time protect them. Way to go!
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    I like moist.

Those pictures make me moist...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Some of you guys have a collection that I can only dream about.

I've only got 1 !

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond View Post

I've only got 1 !
    Yeah, but you can look at all of theirs and not have to pay for them. Not a bad thing!
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond View Post

I've only got 1 - so far!
    Fixed that for ya!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I say hang them!! I play them way more now that they are out!! Plus they look great in a room!!

Hanging gets my vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    I like moist.

Any close ups of the Pomegranite like colored one with the maple neck and 3 pups, lower middle? Please share.

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    Any close ups of the Pomegranite like colored one with the maple neck and 3 pups, lower middle? Please share.
    I believe that color is called Tagcanthaveit!

Alan