Thread: Need help indentifying a PRS finish

Need help indentifying a PRS finish

Hello, I need help to find out a finish. I know this is a PRS Custom 22, but I do not know what the finish is named. I cannot find it on the PRS website. Please help me, I would like to find out.

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    There is a thing called a MODCAT... a code which will tell you everything that went into your specific guitar. One of these threads here will let you download a modcat decoder chart.
    Then, either look under your pickups to find the modcat code of your guitar or look on the bar code sticker of your case to see if you can find it that way. The color should be specified there.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    There is a thing called a MODCAT... a code which will tell you everything that went into your specific guitar. One of these threads here will let you download a modcat decoder chart.
    Then, either look under your pickups to find the modcat code of your guitar or look on the bar code sticker of your case to see if you can find it that way. The color should be specified there.
    Oh man! I should have thought of this since I posted this thread:
    2013-MODCAT
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by LeeShin View Post
    Hello, I need help to find out a finish. I know this is a PRS Custom 22, but I do not know what the finish is named. I cannot find it on the PRS website. Please help me, I would like to find out.

I had one exactly like that and it was just called "Orange" .

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    I had one exactly like that and it was just called "Orange" .
    Right-o. Santana orange is a little lighter and wasn't typically found on other models. Although I have a friend who has a CU 24 that was special ordered in Santana orange.

I have a 2008 Custom 22 in this same color and, according to a color chart from this year, PRS called this color "Vintage Orange".

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/colors.html
    Last edited by rocguitar; 03-03-2014 at 08:14 PM.