Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need help indentifying a PRS finish

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Need help indentifying a PRS finish

    Hello, I need help to find out a finish. I know this is a PRS Custom 22, but I do not know what the finish is named. I cannot find it on the PRS website. Please help me, I would like to find out.


  2. #2

  3. #3
    Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    683
    There is a thing called a MODCAT... a code which will tell you everything that went into your specific guitar. One of these threads here will let you download a modcat decoder chart.
    Then, either look under your pickups to find the modcat code of your guitar or look on the bar code sticker of your case to see if you can find it that way. The color should be specified there.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

  4. #4
    A♥ hoards guitars ♥A rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    There is a thing called a MODCAT... a code which will tell you everything that went into your specific guitar. One of these threads here will let you download a modcat decoder chart.
    Then, either look under your pickups to find the modcat code of your guitar or look on the bar code sticker of your case to see if you can find it that way. The color should be specified there.
    Oh man! I should have thought of this since I posted this thread:
    2013-MODCAT
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeShin View Post
    Hello, I need help to find out a finish. I know this is a PRS Custom 22, but I do not know what the finish is named. I cannot find it on the PRS website. Please help me, I would like to find out.


    I had one exactly like that and it was just called "Orange" .

  6. #6
    Senior Member garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    I had one exactly like that and it was just called "Orange" .
    Right-o. Santana orange is a little lighter and wasn't typically found on other models. Although I have a friend who has a CU 24 that was special ordered in Santana orange.

  7. #7
    Member rocguitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    156
    I have a 2008 Custom 22 in this same color and, according to a color chart from this year, PRS called this color "Vintage Orange".

    http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/colors.html
    Last edited by rocguitar; 03-03-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •