Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD: Hollowbody II Artist Pack (Custom Color)

Excellent shade, my friend. Beautiful.
    PS #4616 * PS #5129 * 2014 P24 Artist Trem * 2012 Tremonti * SE Santana * SE Soapbar II
    Tyler Studio HD Elite * EBMM JP12 * Mesa Boogie Mark V * Fishman Loudbox Mini
    ​Ab Obice Saeviorů Stronger When Opposed

Beautiful bud!! Rock that thang!!

I really dig the dark burst on this gorgeous Bonnie Pink
    soooooooooooooooooo delicious
    great choice, Congrats man...

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Beautiful...it's a MANLY pink! Love the neck. Congrats!
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2003 & 04 SE EG
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited | 2012 NF3
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited
    2013 CU24 | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow | 2014 S2 CU22 Semi-Hollow

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Holy! Flippin! Cow!
    Awesome!
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

That is amazing. Love the color. What is the color called?
    SC245s

Oh man...that's hot!

Hey TL, very nice guitar.

You seem to know a lot about the HBII type. I was looking for a nice HB guitar and I went with PRS because of the piezo "blend" option. However, I made the purchase blind as I could not find one to hold. One thing that I am curious about is the wiring, does it all come from the slot that would be open when you remove the input jack? I don't see any other way into the body (other than the f holes). How hard is it to maintain these guitars if the electronics need to be cleaned out, etc? Also, how heavy does the neck feel in comparison to the body? Does it dive like the SGs? These are two unknowns that will itch at me until I get it to hold...can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Elahrairah View Post
    Hey TL, very nice guitar.

You seem to know a lot about the HBII type. I was looking for a nice HB guitar and I went with PRS because of the piezo "blend" option. However, I made the purchase blind as I could not find one to hold. One thing that I am curious about is the wiring, does it all come from the slot that would be open when you remove the input jack? I don't see any other way into the body (other than the f holes). How hard is it to maintain these guitars if the electronics need to be cleaned out, etc? Also, how heavy does the neck feel in comparison to the body? Does it dive like the SGs? These are two unknowns that will itch at me until I get it to hold...can't wait.
    I have one with a rosewood neck, and neck dive is not an issue. As for the electronics, not a big deal. If you wanted to get in there you have to remove the bridge and unclasp the ribbon wire connecting the piezo board to the bridge. This allows you to get the electronics out of the side where the input jacks are (I couldn't get the tone pot out through the f hole because the way the capacitor is attached to the bottom). I was able to remove the pots without unscrewing the 3 way toggle, PRS was wise to put some slack on the leads. I removed my entire piezo assembly and put split coil mini toggles in place of the blend pot and mag/piezo selector. If you were simply swapping pickups, you only need to access the 3 way toggle and that can be easily removed out of the f hole without un-mounting anything else
    Last edited by LJD; 03-10-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Nice to see you posting around here, Tylor! That thing is INCREDIBLE! Love everything about it, congrats man!
    -Matt

Fudge!!!

That color is so slamming. I want one!
    Plank Owner