Thread: "Perfect fit" cases?

"Perfect fit" cases?

Hello everyone,

I just joined the club today with the purchase of a Custom 24 from The Guitar Shop in Toronto.

It comes with one of the multi-fit PRS cases, which will do the job and keep it safe but I find it to be somewhat less than awe-inspiring.

Has anyone found good aftermarket cases purpose-made (or nearly so) for the C-24?

I see that SKB makes a monster waterproof case for PRS guitars, but its also a multi-fit.... I want something that fits my baby like a custom made glove.

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

Re: "Perfect fit" cases?

Gary, have you tried the French-fit Artist cases? The PRS shop sells them, but you can often find them and other special PRS cases on ebay.

They form-fit around the guitar body, and though they work for most double-cut models, are the closest thing you will find to a custom fit case.

Of course, you can also have a custom fit case made, here's a US company that will make a superb case that'll offer incredible protection, and set you back about a grand:

http://www.carbonfibercases.com/

Any true custom-fit case is going to be very expensive (most guitar makers lose money on cases), so I like the Artist cases PRS offers as an alternative to custom made.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

The test video on that site is a must-see:

[youtube:3mlvznn7]gNWXrpZbpII[/youtube:3mlvznn7]

And made in Chicago!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Thanks for the tip - Definitely going to check it out.

Cheers!

Gary

You would think maybe this guy would have moved a little further from the expressway?