Thread: what happened to vintage rocker?

what happened to vintage rocker?

i cant log in i get this when i try to go to the page
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.5 PHP/5.3.8 Server at www.vintagerocker.com Port 80

Re: what happened to vintage rocker?

works for me...
    Too many and never enough...

me too.
    Gear: Fender, PRS, Orange, Budda

Quote Originally Posted by Boardwlk17
    i cant log in i get this when i try to go to the page
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.5 PHP/5.3.8 Server at http://www.vintagerocker.com Port 80
    I have exactly the same issue with my work computer, it started a few days ago. I thought it was my work network, but it sounds like something changed on the VR hosting platform which some firewalls don't like?

Eriza Verde

In fact, the law makes your employer responsible for PRSI, though you may have to pay an employee's share. The amount of PRSI paid by you and your employer depends on your social insurance class.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar

Did it for a day with me but seems to be sorted now.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

I'm in Alaska. Can't hit VR via iPhone.

I was excommunicated.
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

I have no problem.

I got the same problem. It was up again for a short while, but now I get the same message again... pitty.

Works fine for me....
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    Works fine for me....

Sure it does Ang ............................... You're well connected!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Sure it does Ang ............................... You're well connected!
    Why you gotta be like that, Markus!? HE, HE, HE!!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Old thread, but this happened to me too there - they have some pretty tough anti-spam IP thing going on. You probably picked up an IP address formerly associated with a spam attempt. Get in contact with their admins and they can un-block you.
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

I could never connect via iphone the 10 days I was in Alaska. Fine now that I'm back in TX.

Works for me!

All forums, including this one, have been inundated with spam and hacking attempts hence the Spam-O-Matic software add-on. The old BaM forum had something like 96,000 fake user accounts because they didn't have a filter in place to keep the low lifes from signing up. If you look at the "guests" list at the bottom of the home page, I can guarantee that not all those visitors are here with good intentions and want to talk PRS guitars.

Forums have had to start using filters of one sort or another to wade through the crap that hits their doorstep. Some sites are blocking people at the software level, and others are blocking people at the server level. At the software level the bad guys won't get an account, but they'll still be knocking at the door. Other sites are blocking people at the server level, hence the, "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access the server" message. Sometimes an IP address, because of where it sits in the numerical scheme of things, can get caught up in an IP range that has been blocked in an attempt to sort out bad guys. So, the bottom line is, if you ever find yourself on the outside looking in and can't connect, don't take it personal, keep the contact info of the admin of your favorite forums handy, and give them a shout if anything goes south. My $0.02.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens! - Jimi Hendrix