Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding It Hard Trying To Convince Myself...

Finding It Hard Trying To Convince Myself...

that I didn't waste money buying 7 guitars. I rotate playing them every two to three days while I'm playing Assassin's Creed "Black Flag"on Xbox One (don't have any games for the PS4 yet), catching up on shows on the DVR, working at 4a.m., playing chess, Table Tennis and dealing with the family.

No shame in selling a few off. There's no right number, it's a very personal thing.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Then you should sell that sh!t...... or better yet, sell the TV and xbox and play your seven guitars.

I was raised by television and video games and I still enjoy them but I try to limit the time I spend on them. I give myself one Xbox game per year and limit the TV to Netflix only, no cable television. The Netflix limitation keeps me from watching TV too much, since I mostly scroll endlessly looking for something to interesting watch and give up.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Then you should sell that sh!t...... or better yet, sell the TV and xbox and play your seven guitars.

I was raised by television and video games and I still enjoy them but I try to limit the time I spend on them. I give myself one Xbox game per year and limit the TV to Netflix only, no cable television. The Netflix limitation keeps me from watching TV too much, since I mostly scroll endlessly looking for something to interesting watch and give up.
    I have very similar TV/gaming habits, I can waste so many hours if I give that stuff a foothold in my day.

No shame in selling a guitar here and there.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - Mira X - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by tabl10s View Post
    blah blah blah 7 guitars. I rotate playing them every two to three days blah blah blah
    Get rid of all that other sh!t and play the guitars more...

Ok, keep the family, but the other stuff has to go!

Seriously though. It is hard to find a balance sometimes. Life has a way of getting in the way of itself. Love your family, play guitar and try to fit in a few other things,,,,
    Thbbbt...
    Gork what your need to gork.
    Lexicon

I DVR quite a few shows since I am in bed before 5 PM on most work nights.
    I find that it can be fun both watching a show, and have the amp(s) on low and a guitar in my recliner with me and play while I am watching TV.
    Kill two birds with one stone.

I forgot, I don't have 7, I have 8.

That's good, because the number you need is one greater than what you have.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Ya got jokes.
    Last edited by tabl10s; 03-16-2014 at 11:43 PM.

---Jamie---

My Gear

do they cover different layers of the tonal spectrum? do they allow you to play different styles?
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

For my work (music for TV commercials, documentaries, etc), I find that I don't need more than three electrics and one acoustic.

More is fun, but not necessary.

And I work in every style. So I wouldn't worry about selling a few off. Do what feels right! Spend the $ on a few great amps (the PRS amps are killer).
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    do they cover different layers of the tonal spectrum? do they allow you to play different styles?
    All have different pickups except the two that have 53/10's(need a guitar with NF's & 513's). My problem is that I have a thing for daydreaming which costs me money. If I do sell something, the funds will to my stereo system that I've neglected for the last five years(just discovered a new product that goes for $6k).

Quote Originally Posted by tabl10s View Post
    All have different pickups except the two that have 53/10's(need a guitar with NF's & 513's). My problem is that I have a thing for daydreaming which costs me money. If I do sell something, the funds will to my stereo system that I've neglected for the last five years(just discovered a new product that goes for $6k).
    sounds to me like you have a bad case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). you will find many enablers here.
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

7 is reasonable

8 is a waste

Give Sergio one for his design thread.
    Plank Owner

How do play a guitar and play an Xbox at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    7 is reasonable

8 is a waste

Give Sergio one for his design thread.
    Dude - quiet! My wife is right there!!!

As for the OP - if you think you have too many, you probably have too many. From my point of view, if you're covering different tonal bases, it's cool. But that suits my purposes - YMMV. And, as long as you can swing it, there's nothing wrong with having a guitar (or three) that are just fun to play.

But this is the wrong place if you're looking for someone to say you have too many guitars...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Narrowfield Pickup Fan HANGAR18's Avatar
    Throw the TV out the window. Music is better for your brain. Buy another guitar.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    Throw the TV out the window. Music is better for your brain. Buy another guitar.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    The TV is the largest CRT ever sold(Sony 40 inch)and weighs 450lbs.