Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in PRS

You don't need a flame top for a great guitar. Great looking SC245!
    2014 PRS Mark Tremonti - 2011 PRS "Stripped" 58 - 2007 PRS McCarty Korina Brazilian - 2013 PRS SE MM Baritone - 2014 Archon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2012 ESP Eclipse II - 2002 Gibson SG Special Faded - 2012 Taylor 414CE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like it. You can wear it with any thing anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FennRx View Post
    i really would have preferred a flame top....but what can you do?
    Get some vinyl flame stickers!

Congrats! Very cool find. I've never gotten a chance to play one, does the scale length take much getting used to?

Start planning for your next PRS guitar, like most of us do. You always need at least one more.

Ni-i-i-i-i-i-i-ce!!!!!

Speaking of problems and issues, when I was a little kid I had a plastic guitar that played The Ballad of Davy Crockett when you turned the crank on the guitar, all by itself.

I noticed a couple of my PRS guitars came with a metal thing with a plastic tip on it that looks like a large crank, and there's a little hole on the bridge of the guitar you can stick that thing into. Being a guy who likes to put things into things, I put that crank thingy into the little hole, and it seemed to fit. In fact, I could even turn that big ol' crank with a couple of fingers.

But I can not get either guitar to play The Ballad of Davy Crockett, so I'm sending them back to the PTC to find out what's wrong. I see folks complaining about missing little felt pieces, but this is something that doesn't even do anything for all I can tell. I can't for the life of me figure out why they put a crank in the black suitcase the guitars come in if there's no Ballad of Davy Crockett in there.

And I tried that crank in the big hole on the side of the guitar, too, but it really doesn't fit very well, and it doesn't do a darn thing, so I believe it goes in the little hole on the bridge.

And let's face it, for this kind of investment, a useless crank is out of the question. Sorry to derail this thread but I had to air this grievance.

Yes, I know.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Sweet guitar! Congrats!
    "To me, you have 12 notes to work with, and whatever configuration you use is up to you." Edward Van Halen

Nice color, my fave!

Also, FWIW, I live in Phoenix, AZ. 5th largest city in the country. And NOT ONE SINGLE dealer in the whole state of Arizona has A SINGLE S2 for me to go try. Seriously. Not one, anywhere, and these things have been available for almost a year now. Disappointed is about as mild a word as I could come up with for that.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Looks great. Plain black guitars are cool. ENJOY!!!

That's hot! I've not seen many Black SC with Birds. Nice score, man , flame are cool but there is a something classy about a Black SC and with the faux binding. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by tbp0701 View Post
    Get some vinyl flame stickers!

Congrats! Very cool find. I've never gotten a chance to play one, does the scale length take much getting used to?
    i've been a Les Paul player for going on 20 years, so going from the 24.75 to 24.5 hasn't been a big deal. When I bought my SE Cu24, I felt like there was a bigger difference in going up to 25in, but that's probably just my imagination.

i've been a Les Paul player for going on 20 years, so going from the 24.75 to 24.5 hasn't been a big deal. When I bought my SE Cu24, I felt like there was a bigger difference in going up to 25in, but that's probably just my imagination.
    A Les Paul scale is actually 24 9/16". I can switch between my LP and my 245 without skipping a beat. It takes me a minute when switching to a 25" scale.

Something about an all black guitar that yells sexy
    2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24,2014 PRS S2 CU24,2014 Prs se CL 2014 Ibanez sir70fd
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

Black is beautiful.

Wow, nice deal! Well done!

I'm gasing one of those S2 SCs (the dark cherryburst one is beautiful), but if I had the chance to get a core line SC, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by citson View Post
    Wow, nice deal! Well done!

I'm gasing one of those S2 SCs (the dark cherryburst one is beautiful), but if I had the chance to get a core line SC, I would.
    that was the one i was waiting for. When I saw the 2014 lineup posted back in December, I started drooling over the cherryburst.

Thanks. I'm mainly used to 25.5" scale, enough that it almost feels like I'm cheating with my 24.75" Hamer.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Speaking of problems and issues, when I was a little kid I had a plastic guitar that played The Ballad of Davy Crockett when you turned the crank on the guitar, all by itself.

I noticed a couple of my PRS guitars came with a metal thing with a plastic tip on it that looks like a large crank, and there's a little hole on the bridge of the guitar you can stick that thing into. Being a guy who likes to put things into things, I put that crank thingy into the little hole, and it seemed to fit. In fact, I could even turn that big ol' crank with a couple of fingers.

But I can not get either guitar to play The Ballad of Davy Crockett, so I'm sending them back to the PTC to find out what's wrong. I see folks complaining about missing little felt pieces, but this is something that doesn't even do anything for all I can tell. I can't for the life of me figure out why they put a crank in the black suitcase the guitars come in if there's no Ballad of Davy Crockett in there.

And I tried that crank in the big hole on the side of the guitar, too, but it really doesn't fit very well, and it doesn't do a darn thing, so I believe it goes in the little hole on the bridge.

And let's face it, for this kind of investment, a useless crank is out of the question. Sorry to derail this thread but I had to air this grievance.

Yes, I know.
    Well, no, YOU DON'T!!!

You're turning the crank the wrong way. And it's not The Ballad Of Davy Crockett. That's old days. The song depends on the model. The Santana plays "Black Magic Woman". The Santana SE plays "Winning". The Neal Schon plays "Don't Stop Believing". You'll have to figure the rest of them out on your own.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Well, no, YOU DON'T!!!

You're turning the crank the wrong way. And it's not The Ballad Of Davy Crockett. That's old days. The song depends on the model. The Santana plays "Black Magic Woman". The Santana SE plays "Winning". The Neal Schon plays "Don't Stop Believing". You'll have to figure the rest of them out on your own.
    Weird mine only says "The cow says MOOOOO". Maybe I have the Texas edition?

Well, the iPad's camera isn't any better than my crappy phone...but here's a body shot.

black guitars are cool...
    PRS 2002 McCarty Hollowbody I
    PRS 2008 Custom 24 - 10 Top - Rosewood Neck
    PRS 2008 McCarty Korina One-Off - Stripped 58
    PRS 2013 DC3 - PRS 2014 DGT - PRS 2008 McCarty Korina BRF
    Amps: Zinky Blue Velvet 25/Mesa Boogie Recto-Verb 25