Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Edward Van Halen (EVH) Prototype PRS; 1 of 2

Cool!
    Not like the other kids...

holy crap on a cracker....

Hans, you knocked that one out of the park!

Outstanding!!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Who knew Hans was so crafty?!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Who knew Hans was so crafty?!
    I have yet to jump the shark, my man. I have one more paint job coming. It will be subtle but incredibly tedious to pull off.
    One Life

Well done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill-S-Preston-Esq-alex-winter-25441150-451-296.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	1499
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Frickin' cool, Hans.

U.

Da.

MAY-UN!!!!!

If I ever get a case for my EVH, I'm having it shipped to you first for some striping.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    This guitar needed a proper BADA$$ case.
    Fixed it.
    Sh*tter's full

Sweet!

Welp... there certainly are a few haters out there. I haven't seen such verbal disgust over a guitar since I bought and posted the Chesapeake Severn (in 2008). I've learned to expect fanbois for PRS, Gibson, etc. but the EVH fanboi thing was a little unexpected. That said, I can understand and appreciate the hardcore EVH-fanboi perspective.

There is no doubt - at least in my mind - that you have to be a PRS guy to "get" this guitar. I sure think it's special (obviously) because it's so far out of the box for PRS. But I can see why an EVH-fanboi might not like it.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/show....php?p=1684931
    One Life

Welp... there certainly are a few haters out there. I haven't seen such verbal disgust over a guitar since I bought and posted the Chesapeake Severn (in 2008). I've learned to expect fanbois for PRS, Gibson, etc. but the EVH fanboi thing was a little unexpected. That said, I can understand and appreciate the hardcore EVH-fanboi perspective.

There is no doubt - at least in my mind - that you have to be a PRS guy to "get" this guitar. I sure think it's special (obviously) because it's so far out of the box for PRS. But I can see why an EVH-fanboi might not like it.

Maybe I'm just from a different planet or something. I just don't understand when people trash something they have never actually held in their hands.

The internet isn't so much full of haters as it is full of ignorant, prejudicial, megalomaniac, supercilious blow hards...

The good news is that these people aren't my friends and neighbors (that I know of). I'll just hang here with the rest of the Troglosheep.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I was surprised by the response it got on the VHLinks forum after I posted it. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I, for one, love that thing!

I don't take it personally. It's just a guitar and everyone is entitled to their opinion. That said, I do find their opinions interesting because this is one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen. I was surprised to see such a visceral and negative opinion from a few guys in the hardcore EVH crowd.
    One Life

It's a pretty polarizing guitar.... I personally LOVE IT!

I haven't seen such verbal disgust over a guitar since I bought and posted the Chesapeake Severn
    See, now that's a guitar that makes me glad Joe started his own company.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Maybe I'm just from a different planet or something. I just don't understand when people trash something they have never actually held in their hands.

The internet isn't so much full of haters as it is full of ignorant, prejudicial, megalomaniac, supercilious blow hards...

The good news is that these people aren't my friends and neighbors (that I know of). I'll just hang here with the rest of the Troglosheep.
    I'm not so sure that the world isn't full of haters frankly. I try to stay positive when people post their things on the forums. If I don't like it, I just go on to the next thread. Why are so many so negative? What happened to "the golden rule?"

My wife made an interesting point at dinner last evening. She said the internet has empowered people to make statements that they wouldn't make in a face to face conversation. It allows for comments and assertions to be made that don't have to be valid, verified, or for which one can be held accountable. And, it's turning us into a less personalized and civilized society.
    Last edited by 11top; 04-03-2014 at 02:35 PM.
    Sh*tter's full

It's usually the folks with the negative comments that feel like they need to be heard.
    - Dane

He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.

Haters don't bother me, they perform a much needed function and you absolutely must have the +&-, the yin to the yang, and the light and shade to make the world go around.

The real thing that makes our world less civil are people who refuse to say thank you, I'm sorry, may I, or hold the door open for another human being. I'm a hater of them and they need me.

..yea ignore the negative..6 people on here asking how it sounds ..tone report ? what kind of pickup ?.

Before I found this forum, I really hated guitar forums...I just didn't have a place to post that fact!